Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

I think most have said it would be a good move for him.

I’d have preferred somewhere in Europe for him personally but I can see the benefit of him going to a club not too far away, with some other Aussie’s already there and more importantly if we have agreed to it we must trust their coaching staff. 

Yeah I think moving to a whole new continent, putting him in a non-english speaking environment may have been a consideration for such a young lad. Huge change, here at least he is close buy, has aussie team mates who he already knows a bit, can get used to the weather and may be less of a shock. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

Was just about to say this. That guy doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the box. 

"Someone posted a photo of Earl Grey, and it was WET!"

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Yeah I think moving to a whole new continent, putting him in a non-english speaking environment may have been a consideration for such a young lad. Huge change, here at least he is close buy, has aussie team mates who he already knows a bit, can get used to the weather and may be less of a shock. 

I think this is a cracking point as well. He's coming from the other side of the world, a bit of familiarity while playing football at 18 will arguably be better than him heading straight off abroad again. Get used to the climate, living away from family, etc. 

39 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think this is a cracking point as well. He's coming from the other side of the world, a bit of familiarity while playing football at 18 will arguably be better than him heading straight off abroad again. Get used to the climate, living away from family, etc. 

No idea what the fellow Aussies are like, but hopefully they're good guys.

13 hours ago, 80 said:

No idea what the fellow Aussies are like, but hopefully they're good guys.

He played at the Mariners with Kye Rowles (who is also destined for the EPL, just quietly) and is good mates with Cammy Devlin.

He'll be happy there, considering he's only 18 and was still living with his mum until last week.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Hate to break everyone’s image of picture postcard Australia, but Kuol didn’t grow up on the Central Coast but in Victoria.  The lad will be used to cold, wet winters not much nicer than Edinburgh - trust me :) 

Been on the Coast for three years though. Completely acclimatised to balmy Terrigal.

Terrigal, New South Wales - Wikipedia

Hearts Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “We’re thrilled to be able to get this deal done and welcome Garang to Gorgie.

“I have to extend a big thank you to Kwaku Mensah and Newcastle United’s Shola Ameobi and Dan Ashworth for placing their trust in us and helping to bring Garang here.

On 10/01/2023 at 08:56, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone know what type of price Hearts tickets are?

I'm up there in the St Mirren end tomorrow night. Paid £27. Anyone know how long it's likely to take for him to get his international clearance?

Edited by Scoreboard82

3 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I'm up there in the St Mirren end tomorrow night. Paid £27. Anyone know how long it's likely to take for him to get his international clearance?

Isak’s took a couple of days didn’t it?

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Game on telly? If so anticipate be a lot of us viewing it to see how he goes.

47 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Game on telly? If so anticipate be a lot of us viewing it to see how he goes.

Nah, rearranged after  being postponed  when the queen died. Had a soft spot for St Mirren for years after a visit in the 80s. I'm really hoping he doesn't play tomorrow night. After that I wish him well of course.