Garang Kuol

Johnny

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Neither represented Eddie Howe's Newcastle United 

So Eddie will have a better idea. He'll already know a lot more about his capabilities, physical and technical than we do.

Comes off as such a sweet kid. I hope he fulfills his potential and then some. Imagine how hyped we’d be if he scored against the Argies? :lol: “start him against Arsenal, he can’t be any worse than Murphy!!!”

Wondering if he will be on the bench for the FA cup? Should have half a weeks training. Probably won't throw him in that soon but if he impresses this week maybe.

Hearts would be OK but championship would be better. Risk of being benched more than we want though.

Edited by toontownman

Think it'd be a good step. Get a few games getting used to playing in big stadia with the Old Firm, a pretty big derby game with Hibs and playing in a team where he should be experiencing winning most other games. Do what we did with Anderson, keep him first half of next season when he's got some more games and experience getting used to Howe, the club, how we want him to play, the odd cup app and sub appearances, then see where he is in January where he might be closer to being a regular at an upper Championship club. 

3 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Assume Hearts at a higher standard than Mariners, so would be a good thing, plus they having 3 others would be a great help in settling in

Aye, three team mates from the World Cup squad. I think the Championship would be too big a step given he's barely started a game to expect him to get regular starts just yet, whereas he should get plenty game time up there at level above what he's been used to. Probably do it towards the end of the month when we can have a look at him here for a few weeks first, maybe a sub appearance at Sheff Wed or something.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, three team mates from the World Cup squad. I think the Championship would be too big a step given he's barely started a game to expect him to get regular starts just yet, whereas he should get plenty game time up there at level above what he's been used to. Probably do it towards the end of the month when we can have a look at him here for a few weeks first, maybe a sub appearance at Sheff Wed or something.

Think about what you've just enlightened me on re: Dúbravka. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Unless the A-League is exempt due to not running exactly in parallel with ours, or some shite? Who the fuck knows?

I think if the season ended this month you are right but Australian season ends in June