Garang Kuol

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

"I'm repping Newcastle United but get the feeling I might never wear a Newcastle shirt on a pitch"

Good luck to him and hope he smashes it this season, returning back next year pushing for our first team squad.

The obsession with Shola on here has always been tedious. We’ve had worse players than him up, notably Wood of late. I agree on the whole Ashley thing, but seeing him a lot in interviews and how positive he is its clearly been one of those where on that occasion he made a very bad choice to be diplomatic. There’s no malice in him, which is why it feels more off-putting from people who have this fixation. 

22 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

The obsession with Shola on here has always been tedious. We’ve had worse players than him up, notably Wood of late. I agree on the whole Ashley thing, but seeing him a lot in interviews and how positive he is its clearly been one of those where on that occasion he made a very bad choice to be diplomatic. There’s no malice in him, which is why it feels more off-putting from people who have this fixation. 

Not many players have stole a living stinking the joint out for 14-15 years like he did like. If he'd not been a Geordie he'd have been out the club at least 10 years earlier. 

27 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Quite agree with this assessment but, although I witnessed several games when he was our best player, his playing days with us should have ended years earlier.

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not many players have stole a living stinking the joint out for 14-15 years like he did like. If he'd not been a Geordie he'd have been out the club at least 10 years earlier. 

Bit over the top [emoji38] 

He was here longer than he should been. I was at his first game against Chelsea when he stood up to Desailly and…looked down to Dennis wise. He looked the part. He looked lazy with movement on and off the ball as Tino did and he was at times and I remember shouting me heed off for him to get involved when he should have been. He seemed to show up at important games otherwise and supplied Shearer for possibly his greatest goal against Everton. 
on the outside of football, he’s always been one to be involved in the community in the west end as and obviously wants to focus on grassroots with the foundation in that way along with helping other young players settle. 
bring from the west end and working there myself, across the east end too I obviously value any support that’s being provided there. 

Don’t think I’ve ever had any hate towards a footballer because I’ve always had more important things to worry about. Mike Ashley on the other hand. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don't hate Shola, but I hated having to see him play for NUFC at least a couple of hundred times more than his ability warranted. File alongside Dummett, Paul. 

I don't actually hate him as a person, just as a footballing entity.

2 hours ago, TomYam said:

Quite agree with this assessment but, although I witnessed several games when he was our best player, his playing days with us should have ended years earlier.

Absolutely agree with this...he could have games where he looked like he'd never even seen a football let alone used one, and the next game he would totally beast mode it and look like a world beater. Problem was you could never tell which version was going to turn up. One week he'd destroy one of the title challengers, then next week against Wigan or the like be an utter embarrassment 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Was kind of bummed Kuol wasn't used a single time with our "team" in the preseason, like not even pictured 1 time with the youngins either :lol: 

He’ll never play for us. We’re hoping to flip him for FFP

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Absolutely agree with this...he could have games where he looked like he'd never even seen a football let alone used one, and the next game he would totally beast mode it and look like a world beater. Problem was you could never tell which version was going to turn up. One week he'd destroy one of the title challengers, then next week against Wigan or the like be an utter embarrassment 

Well, you could certainly guess as 19 times out of 20 it would be the latter…

7 hours ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I can't thank you enough for those comments.  I'm convinced most of his detractors on here haven't even seen him play.