Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fair result. They lacked quality when it mattered and we were also really sloppy with the ball when we had chances to hurt them. Really missed ASM and Isak today to help stretch the game. 

Trippier, Schar and Botman all class. I thought Casimero, Varane and Fred (bar that miss, which was probably offside earlier on, anyway) were all good for them. 

Fred is an average footballer and I hate him for the nt. But fuck, he was everywhere today. Must’ve been the player with most touches. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Froggy is such a WUM man, why are some of yous biting :lol:

Imagine if this place existed in 1996. Convinced there'd be death threats in response. :lol:

Not at all offended by Froggy's comments.  I love his banter.  Why are you talking shite about death threats.

Depending what happens in the City game we could conceivably be 10 games into the season in 6th with the fewest goals conceded and having lost only 1 game.

We'd have all taken that at the start of the season I'm sure. 10 games in is usually a good indicator of what is to come and arguably we've underachieved so far with the amount of wins we have.

Today wasn't the best overall but its in stark contrast to what has played out in the previous years at Old Trafford. 

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Didn't think we were bad at all tbh. We dominated the first half, they had the better of the second. Neither team were particularly impressive. If they're our competition for sixth we've absolutely noting to be afraid of, as assumed all season long. 

We were really crap with the ball for most of the game. As were they. Was a poor match. Obviously happy with the draw - but thought it was our worst display along with Brighton.

24 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

1 real chance for either side, 2 penalties denied for us vs 1 for you, the troglodyte Casemiro and the even more troglodyter troglodyte Fernandes both should have been off. Fair result with Newcastle shading it on balance.

1 real chance? Which one of Fred's open net or Rashfords sitter wasn't the real one? 

We should have won. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

Depending what happens in the City game we could conceivably be 10 games into the season in 6th with the fewest goals conceded and having lost only 1 game.

We'd have all taken that at the start of the season I'm sure. 10 games in is usually a good indicator of what is to come and arguably we've underachieved so far with the amount of wins we have.

Today wasn't the best overall but its in stark contrast to what has played out in the previous years at Old Trafford. 

It’s long time since we had such a solid defence.
McFaul

Craig, Burton/McNamee,Moncur,Clark. That defence wasn’t bad.

Just now, Rafalove said:

eh? He was killing Burn down that left hand side. Second half especially.

Antony expected assists. = 0.00

https://understat.com/match/18308

Against a 6 foot 7 makeshift leftback on a yellow card. He didn't dribble past him once. Nothing from the byline. Didn't cut in a create a decent shooting chance either.

Sancho created very little too, but everyone has forgotten how good he was at Dortmund.

fwiw, I reckon VAR would have to disallow the Fred chance for Rashford being offside. The check is only performed if he scores. The Rashford one was a big miss though.