Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

There was a 10 minute spell around the goal where we could have bagged about 3 or 4 but 2nd half we were a bit off it. 

Really nice to have that growing confidence now though that when they want to shut up shop and just see out a game, we actually can.

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Fat Frankie should be more worried about his thinning bonce that the pen that wasn’t given.

It was never a pen. Not in a million years.  Lampard is clutching straws here.

Edited by maze

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

All the teams look leggy tonight like 

Was thinking the same. 

Feel like we're surely going to rotate at Spurs, they must be absolutely knackered. Even just after half time it was so open but some of the counters looked like they were happening in slow motion. 

The physical effort from teams this season is off the charts really. Schedule is just so intense. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Was thinking the same. 

Feel like we're surely going to rotate at Spurs, they must be absolutely knackered. Even just after half time it was so open but some of the counters looked like they were happening in slow motion. 

The physical effort from teams this season is off the charts really. Schedule is just so intense. 

I've convinced myself that we're playing three at the back.

Spurs' wing backs ruined us last season. Howe said after the game he'd balanced going three at the back against the momentum of our system at the time. I don't think he'll make that error twice.

7 minutes ago, Holloway said:

thought they won the midfield encounter 2nd half, but did fuck all with it. Our subs were about right, but Longstaff lucky to see out the match after repeated failure to deliver ordinary passes

When teams do take control of the midfield I’d like to see our wide men,Murphy and Almiron,tuck in and help out.They both seem to stay wide..Longstaff cannot seem to be able to put a full shift in.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

These guys are my favourite at the moment. Love them all and Targett too still of course.

Really so happy for Botman and how much he seems to be enjoying himself along with how well it's been going for him. 

Was just what I expected of it, typical Everton game, so am totally placated by the victory. Plus you've got to be happy when the Bruce/Ashley era quota of players mounts up like it did 2nd half, with a win

They were "Dogs of War" against the Entertainers side.

After watching last 20 of Spurs at Old Trafford our performance on Sunday can’t be underestimated. We haven’t got the most talented forward players in the league currently, but nobody is better drilled or motivated than the lads currently.

When St Max and Isak are back we’ll then have a forward line worthy of a top 6 club. Add even 1 quality addition in January and we’ll be right up there come the end of season.

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf they sort of did, they kept possession and won the ball off us more than most I've seen at SJP this season. They did nothing with it mind and a lot of it is probably down to our underperformance more than anything.

The way they play is ideal for them tbh, whether it's through intent or just coincidence I'm not sure. You know theyre told to "get about them", "stop them playing", "Wind them up", "counter with pace" etc, which is all good and works, you see it. They give themselves plenty of opportunity to create chances doing it, it's just they generally fizzle out all too early. Think DCL will help that tactic. Think our back 4 were good too, tbh.

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Doing my head in this unbeaten run we've gone on but somehow we never get any higher than 6th. [emoji38]

Palace and Bournemouth are the two that got away. 4 more points from those two games and we’d be right amongst it. 

I’m sure fans of other clubs are saying the same thing about their results, mind. 

Despite them having a lot of the ball second half, they didn't actually look that threatening. Gordon is a hideous player, epitome of shitcunt. Can't imagine for one second we were ever in for him. In fairness to Everton, they're a lot better than they were last season. From our side, Longstaff and Murphy weren't great, but this isn't anything new. Gutted we didn't put away that chance for the second, the build up play was amazing.