Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

Very scrappy and loose from us and we looked knackered quite early. Probably our worst performance of the season for me, so well done to the lads for seeing it through. Hopefully we can recoup and get our energy back.

Pope 7

Trippier 9

Schar 9

Botman 6

Burn 6

Joelinton 4 Willock 6

Longstaff 5.5

Bruno 6

Almiron 8

Wilson 8

Murphy 5

Guest reefatoon

Love digging out the scruffy wins too, sign of a good team. Mind Murphy and Longstaff where fucking awful tonight, Longstaff especially. Lost count of the amount of times he just gave the ball away under no pressure at all. Looking forward to us strengthening in the middle in January as poor Bruno looked knackered with carrying the midfield tonight. Love how hard we are to score against now. So good defensively.

Edited by reefatoon

Really pleasing that when the forward play isn't clicking we can absolutely nullify an opponent once we have the lead. Can't remember a more comfortable defence of a 1-goal lead at SJP in my entire life.

Pretty sure Everton only had the DCL header from a corner which went about four foot over the bar in the entire game. One shot of any description in 90 minutes :lol: fuck me they're crap.

A word for Gordon - if he's worth £50m then I reckon my five a side team would fetch at least £200m between us. Lots of running about, gurning, looking fuck ugly and kicking people. Overhyped shite.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Very scrappy and loose from us and we looked knackered quite early. Probably our worst performance of the season for me, so well done to the lads for seeing it through. Hopefully we can recoup and get our energy back.

Pope 7

Trippier 9

Schar 9

Botman 6

Burn 6

Joelinton 4 Willock 6

Longstaff 5.5

Bruno 6

Almiron 8

Wilson 8

Murphy 5

I thought Willock was good when he came on like. Certainly a lot more than a 0.5 better than Longstaff! 

I thought we only really played well for 15-20 mins. Could have scored 3 in that spell. Then we didn’t do much the rest of the match. Yet they’ve only had one shot and none on target. 

Schar, Trippier and Miggy were all great. Wilson was good when we actually got the ball to him. Anderson showed flashes when he came on, as did Willock. I’m desperate for him to get a goal, bless him. 

Scruffy, professional win. You love to see it. 

Once again, not that good in the 2nd half, had to defend more but they did not have any chances. We can now see these games off.  There was lack of defensive presence in our midfield in the 2nd half.

I dont know, should Willock play on the wing or what? Hes kind of pointless without the goals. And surely now Andersson gets the nod before Murphy..

Huge points, another clean sheet. Now we can go to Spurs without much pressure

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I thought Willock was good when he came on like. Certainly a lot more than a 0.5 better than Longstaff! 

Longstaff was poor on the ball but towards the end he made up for it a bit with the hard yards.

Willock did a lot of good things, as I think he usually does, I just wish he'd been able to get on the ball more.

First half was complete dominance, 2nd we looked to conserve energy and stepped off them more and probably let them have possession more than we might have liked but the plan looked to me that we wanted to counter them. They did ok enough at the back that it didn’t really pay off, a couple of poor individual performances in there but overall it was a very comfy win. Schar, Miggy, Bruno and Wilson the highlights for me tonight. We looked tired by the end mind.

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

How bizarre is it that just over 12 months ago we would have been on the other end of this?

Everton are just rubbish.  Loads of hard-working midfielders who run around and tackle a lot but don't create anything, up front they're either throwing themselves to the ground or failing to take shots and in defence they're always on the edge of blind panic.