Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, St1pe said:

Adding to the comments about him but Gordon is never a £30m plus player. He’s all attitude and diving and very little else. Everton should cash in rather than giving him the 100k that he’s after. 

I think he has great potential, but he needs someone to develop him as a player. That attitude needs checking, seems to have a proper chip on his shoulder. Don't think it's helped by the fact he plays for such a cunty team like Everton who's sole purpose is to stop other teams playing, hardly the right environment for a flair player to develop.

35 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Anyone have any issues with Amazon Prime last night? My resolution annoyingly kept dropping to around 360p throughout the match - only lasted a few seconds but enough for it to become really irritating. 

My mate text me (who was watching it on IPTV) to say what a goal from Almiron 3-4 seconds before he buried it on my stream.

Mine kept on buffering so I was having to hit pause and then play every 5 minutes or so.

I wouldn't care but this was with a Fire TV Cube which is meant to be the best hardware they produce.  No issues with my internet connection either.

1 minute ago, ikri said:

Mine kept on buffering so I was having to hit pause and then play every 5 minutes or so.

I wouldn't care but this was with a Fire TV Cube which is meant to be the best hardware they produce.  No issues with my internet connection either.

We had a stinker as well. 1st half was fine. 2nd half went to shit. 

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Almiron at 40 seconds onwards ?

Hope PIF can spare a few quid to get those wires at the top of the tunnel entrance fixed neatly. Big Dan Burn would probably rip some of them up by just stretching his hands up.

Everton were very poor on quality I felt and general attacking coaching.

Ideally, you see out at 1-0 with lots of possession. Everton had a lot of the ball but didn't do much with it but still.. rather have the ball. At one point in the second half we had 10% possession in a 10 minute spell. The one good tactical thing Everton did was block the passing lanes to Bruno when we tried to build from the back. Longstaff nor Willock show for the ball as much as Joe or Shelvey. But perhaps on Howe for not rotating positions.

Desperate to get ASM back. That left-hand offers zero threat. Longstaff struggles with the physicality of our game atm.

Bruno was class in the first half especially, same with Almiron. Wilson was quiet but was a threat and had some nice touches.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Longstaff struggles with the physicality of our game atm.

In what way? I think that’s the bit of the game he’s executing well to be honest. Consistently amongst the most pressures and was top again last night.

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

In what way? I think that’s the bit of the game he’s executing well to be honest. Consistently amongst the most pressures and was top again last night.

Yeah, he generally gets about the pitch well enough, it's his distribution and ball retention which is a bit loose.

8 minutes ago, Smal said:

TBH I thought he was pretty bad all over.

In the early exchanges Everton were first to every ball and Longstaff was culpable. For the whole game, I think they were beating him to the punch most of the time - particularly Onana. He did his job in terms of closing down though. And again when attacking, he wasn't making hard purposeful runs. And I thought he was often poor on the ball - some simple passes straight to the opposition.

Looks like a bit of fatigue.

Joelinton was worse though and a little fortunate to not get sent off. His passing was v. poor. But one thing about both Joe's is they will snatch up a loose ball or a poor pass and spring us on the transition for a counter. Longstaff wasn't doing that. Just chasing shadows.

Edited by The College Dropout

18 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Jordan Pickford in heated row with friend Keiran Trippier in tunnel as Everton lose to Newcastle.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/10/20/jordan-pickford-in-heated-row-with-friend-keiran-trippier-in-tunnel-as-everton-lose-to-newcastle/

Would love to have heard that. Presumably linked to previous kerfuffle in our penalty box after ‘Moron’ dive? 

Have to admit I wasn’t looking forward to the match last night. Thought we would huff and puff but ultimately struggle to break them down and it’d be a frustrating night.

In reality, once we got the goal it was pretty comfortable as they were just clueless going forward and we were fairly solid as ever. Should probably have been a more comfortable score line but I’m delighted we got the win. 

9 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Would love to have heard that. Presumably linked to previous kerfuffle in our penalty box after ‘Moron’ dive? 

Yeah he was going to punch trips lights out until he realised his arms weren't long enough.:2funny:

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Yeah, Onana was very comfortable on the ball, is clearly a great athlete and really helped control the game in midfield. Shame he went to Everton but prefer that he went there over West Ham 

Didn’t they pay a chunk more to get to join? 

54 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hope PIF can spare a few quid to get those wires at the top of the tunnel entrance fixed neatly. Big Dan Burn would probably rip some of them up by just stretching his hands up.

He tried that once before and lost a finger

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Onana was alright but pretty ineffectual for such a physical presence, tbh. The moment Almiron knocked him off the ball was pretty embarrassing for him.

Agreed. Went down like a drunk giraffe. He does good things for sure, but he is prone to lots of different mistakes and poor on the ball at times when under pressure. 

We will find and sign better soon :) 

2 hours ago, GWN said:

i just thought they were crap mate , heard so much better many times 

I only say it as I turned to the lad next to me at one point and commented on them being up. for it and pretty loud. 

Admittedly it wasn't for long I suppose.