Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Lampard reckons Everton held their own, bless em. 

Tbf they sort of did, they kept possession and won the ball off us more than most I've seen at SJP this season. They did nothing with it mind and a lot of it is probably down to our underperformance more than anything.

Perfect win. Disgusting match save for the last 15 minutes of the first half. Nullified Everton completely. Looked bereft of energy but still had much more than Everton did. These are wins of character and mental strength. We are a tremendously tough team. Don't know how much longer we can work this hard with a squad this thin but long may it continue.

Parts of the first half was some of the best football I have seen us play since Bobby (barring perhaps 11/12, but that was more down to the players than the plan).

We looked absolutely lethal at times, and combined with the best defence in the league, wew lad, we're in for a treat.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Tbf they sort of did, they kept possession and won the ball off us more than most I've seen at SJP this season. They did nothing with it mind and a lot of it is probably down to our underperformance more than anything.

Yeah I know they did, it's just the phrasing. Made them sound like small fry compared to us. Which they are. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Well done to the lass grinding that one out against a horrible team. We should’ve been up by 2-0 at halftime really. 

Murphy is so shite ? 

I quite enjoyed the match, but sounds like you found something better to watch, fair play.