Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Said it in the summer and I will say it again, City have got their transfer strategy all wrong.

They lost Zinchenko, Jesus, Fernandinho and Sterling, then replaced them with Haaland, Phillips and Alvarez. 

Haaland doesn't suit city's style and while he scores bundles, I think their dominance suffers. Phillips hasn't featured and I don't think he's anywhere near Fernandinhos level and Alvarez is raw.

They've lost numbers, experience and quality. I suspect by next season, these transfer will bare fruit but right now they have lost 10% on what they were.

Yeah City aren't functioning that well. I get a feeling Pep enjoys shuffling his cards and then trying to figure out how to put it together because just doing the same thing every season bores him a bit. Not necessarily the most competitive attitude but an entertaining one. I wonder if that loss to Real Madrid stung where he was the better team for 170 minutes of a 2 legged tie and lost in a mad 10 minutes from individual genius, thinks going to make a more chaotic team and score loads with a silly striker

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Shitfest?

Man City dominating possession and occasionally showing signs of finding space, Man Utd playing on the counter and had the only 2 decent chances. 

Been interesting but needs to open up more second half or it'll go down as a fairly dull stalemate. 

Weird from the pundits at half time.  It's nil nil and they're already gushing about how Man U have shut City down. Not mentioning creating much themselves.

This is Man U at home, currently one of the form teams in the league. It's almost like they'd take a draw.

2 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Weird from the pundits at half time.  It's nil nil and they're already gushing about how Man U have shut City down. Not mentioning creating much themselves.

This is Man U at home, currently one of the form teams in the league. It's almost like they'd take a draw.

We did the same v arsenal

3 minutes ago, soyt said:

Well, Rashford seems fine, strange these random lie-downs that players seem to take...

I'm reliably informed that Man Utd never waste time or shithouse in any way that would bring the game into disrepute, so he must have genuinely had an injury.

10 minutes ago, tgarve said:

We did the same v arsenal

Yea but we were away then, against the league leaders having massively over-performed and it seemed that everyone outside Newcastle spat their dummy out about it.

A few years ago, we set up to defend and block at home to pinch a point vs City, when were genuinely a relegation candidate under Rafa and City were in their pomp. Nothing but criticism.

In this match, City have just had a bit of a wobble and Man U, at home, with multiple times money in the playing squad, were being praised for sitting back and doing very little.

Edited by Abacus