Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Donut said:

I'll admit that Iwobi has been decent today.

Both him and McNeil are the type of players that can look really bad under the wrong circumstances, whether tactical or coaching etc. but can look really good in the right circumstances.

Not quite good enough to perform well regardless of the situation they are in. 

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Think despite the contrasting styles.amd result the main difference between the two teams here is the goalies. Swap them round and Brighton win comfortably.

He was bad on one of the goals. The rest were down to good play and finishing from Everton.

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Let's hope Steele is playing against us. What's up with their proper keeper?

Also shite. Manager doesn’t like him as he can’t kick:

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

With Brighton still to play Arsenal and Man City, that is hopefully at least top 6 secured now.

It was already secured unless spurs win every game and we lose every game 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Hopefully Arsenal batter Brighton at the weekend just to knock any stuffing out of them for us playing them. 

Never fancy anybody playing a team that's just had a battering. They often redouble their efforts to avoid the same consequence in the next game.

(besides which Arsenal can fuck right off)

What are you hoping for in the next match?

I like Forest so hope they win, but from a more neutral perspective, if Southampton won then they would be right back in the mix, albeit still a couple of tough matches to come. I guess it might be better for the final match of the season as well if they are still in contention against Liverpool, even from a goal difference perspective.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Assumed Southampton were relegated already but if they win tonight they're right back in it.

Still a massive stretch. Before today I'd thought if they beat Forest they could get something at Fulham. Don't see it now. They are gone imo. Better that Forest get 3 points and make it interesting. Leicester could yet survive on GD.

Forest: Chelsea (a) Arsenal (h) Palace (a)
Southampton: Fulham (h) Brighton (a) Liverpool (h)
Leeds: Newcastle (h) West Ham (a) Spurs ((h)
Leicester: Liverpool (h) Newcastle (a) West Ham (h)
Everton: Man City (h) Wolves (a) Bournemouth (h)

Don't fancy Forest to get anything past today. Southampton are down regardless at this point I think. Leeds might get something from West Ham but unlikely. Leicester the same. Everton could get 4 points from Bournemouth and Wolves.

Reckon: (provided Forest win today)
Leicester
Leeds
Southampton 

Otherwise Leicester to stay home on goal difference sending Forest down. It's clearly unpredictable though after today!