Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

If anyone wants a football fix, Connahs Quay vs NK Bravo Ljubljana in the Conference Lrague is 6 mins away from a pen shootout. It's on S4C online and takes about 40 seconds to sign up. 

Just switched on now and it's quite a picturesque setting in North Wales

Just now, Paullow said:

If anyone wants a football fix, Connahs Quay vs NK Bravo Ljubljana in the Conference Lrague is 6 mins away from a pen shootout. It's on S4C online and takes about 40 seconds to sign up. 

Just switched on now and it's quite a picturesque setting in North Wales

Thank fuck

You could have mentioned something as mad as this like. :lol:

Rosenborg-Lillestrøm in Eliteserien in Norway have just been cancelled after fans from both teams throw tennisballs, smokebombs and fishcakes (🤣) on the pitch. 

Edited by BeloEmre

3 hours ago, BeloEmre said:

Rosenborg-Lillestrøm in Eliteserien in Norway have just been cancelled after fans from both teams thow tennisballs, smokebombs and fishcakes (🤣) on the pitch. 

Ongoing protests against VAR in Eliteserien, to add some context.

Oscar Bobb is starting to look like the real deal tbh, two assists and a goal (currently 3-4 against Celtic). Know it's a pre-season friendly and not the best bar to measure against, but still... if only Norway had an actual football manager as our national team manager, this generation of players, on paper, look like they could actually compete at an international tournament. Sadly it doesn't seem like the Norwegian FA possess enough self-awareness to realize how absolutely idiotic it is to constantly tell the press "Solbakken's job is safe" when they've fucked over our national side multiple times over the last decade by sacking managers for "not achieving the FA's level of expectation" when all those fucking managers have a better record than Solbakken. Lars Lagerback even pointed it out during the last round of international fixtures when asked by the studio hosts; "Me and Solbakken have now managed Norway an equal amount of games, his record is worse than mine - I was sacked for delivering below expectations, yet I delivered better results with a team that didn't have players like Ødegaard and Haaland available at the level they are today." 

Just a middle of the night rant about the absolute shambles that is the Norwegian national team there :lol:

4 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Oscar Bobb is starting to look like the real deal tbh, two assists and a goal (currently 3-4 against Celtic). Know it's a pre-season friendly and not the best bar to measure against, but still... if only Norway had an actual football manager as our national team manager, this generation of players, on paper, look like they could actually compete at an international tournament. Sadly it doesn't seem like the Norwegian FA possess enough self-awareness to realize how absolutely idiotic it is to constantly tell the press "Solbakken's job is safe" when they've fucked over our national side multiple times over the last decade by sacking managers for "not achieving the FA's level of expectation" when all those fucking managers have a better record than Solbakken. Lars Lagerback even pointed it out during the last round of international fixtures when asked by the studio hosts; "Me and Solbakken have now managed Norway an equal amount of games, his record is worse than mine - I was sacked for delivering below expectations, yet I delivered better results with a team that didn't have players like Ødegaard and Haaland available at the level they are today." 

Just a middle of the night rant about the absolute shambles that is the Norwegian national team there :lol:

I get your frustration. Solbakken is an absolute fraud. Couldn't cut it at either Wolves nor FC Köln who he managed to relegate. Sure he won some stuff during his two stints at Copenhagen but that club was and is financially, especially at the time, so far ahead of all the other Danish clubs it's the minimum expectation really. 

Was still following Minteh on the FotMob app and just got a notification pop up that he’s scored for Brighton in their pre season game

18 minutes ago, Paully said:

Two mins into a friendly! Wish he’d stuck the loaf on the bellend!

https://x.com/the_forty_four/status/1816361404275761262?s=46&t=FsEm6VC2ijNnTjHjyXU7DA

Unsurprisingly the boy McLean, for it is he, getting all the blame. 

Looks like a load of bollox to me tho but. 

OK, it's a friendly, 3 mins in BUT all he does is be a tad physical. Over reaction from Colwill imho. 

Resultant handbags. 

52 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Shouldn’t need to have lots of black players for that type of craic to make you a dressing room pariah tbh. 

I’m hoping more for a beatdown of epic proportions sending him back to Argentina. Been watching a lot of prison content lately, something for him to be “put on the door”. 

Just now, mosstef said:

My local team FC Copenhagen are playing a team named Bruno's Magpies today in the ECL qualification :laugh:

Formed by a Newcastle fan, who owned a bar called Bruno's in Gibraltar.

Watching Chelsea, who are playing quite a strong side, get smashed by Celtic.

They look a disaster. Down four nil now. Hope things continue in this fashion for them. 

Tosin and Badiashile at centre back and all. Hope the move continues to be a nightmare for Tosin.

And as for Madueke ... still not keen at all.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Celtic just gone 4-0 up against Chelsea

Almost feel bad for the Celtic fans after a run of results like this, they know none of it matters for anything, to anyone or in any way shape or form to anyone.