Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Why was Chris Wood so shit for us? He looks so much more physical, better in the air, fitter and faster than he was with us. Was he carrying injuries when he was here?

I still think he regularly looks to have the touch of a trampoline and his link up

play is pretty shit. But facing goal he does look a different player for them. 

Maybe the situation at the time or us not creating loads. Meant that he felt the pressure and was snatching at everything? Not sure. 

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Why was Chris Wood so shit for us? He looks so much more physical, better in the air, fitter and faster than he was with us. Was he carrying injuries when he was here?

As a paid up member of the Chris Wood, Joselu and others Apologist Club, I think playing up front for us isn't easy and as a fanbase we don't give them really any time before coming to conclusions. They have to hit the ground running, look quality or have a reputation to be given leeway or accepted as anything other than shit, and if they don't have that they need to have supreme confidence to get through it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

It should be reiterated again imo, but regardless of how you see Chris Wood, his record in the Premier League is very good and nigh on identical to Callum Wilson's.

That didn't matter to too many people though.

Before his arrival, weren’t we having to play Saint-Maximim as the striker. He provided the structure to the team in Wilson’s absence and our record was very good when played.  He might not have scored  the goals but he served his purpose.

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

To be fair he still looks average, however what i think went wrong is our style of play needs a quick/mobile striker like Wilson/isak while forest is the opposite as he's got runners all around him and he just has to be in the box to score which plays to his strengths.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It should be reiterated again imo, but regardless of how you see Chris Wood, his record in the Premier League is very good and nigh on identical to Callum Wilson's.

That didn't matter to too many people though.

Did he get a ridiculously hard time

compared to others, though? I don’t see how his record matters in this instance. His performances for us were pretty much useless for most of his time here and he rarely looked like scoring or contributing in a positive way. 

His entire game looked sub-par and then the finishing deserted him on top of that, for large spells. Whether it was the ‘pressure’ of playing for us and the situation we found ourselves in at the time. I don’t know. 

The only time where I think he got properly scapegoated was Sheff Wed. The miss was horrific. But almost to a man, the team were gutless as fuck that night.

But I still don’t feel like he was hounded straight out the gate. More that his performances were just rubbish straight from the off. 

Served his purpose up to a point I guess and helped us stay up. Seemed to like it here, demonstrated by the way he didn’t celebrate 3 very good goals for Forest. So it’s hard to dislike him. Despite him being terrible during the vast majority of his time here. 

fair play to Chris Wood… he still always looks surprised when he scores :lol:. It’s like he knows he has no real business being there but his luck is somehow still going.

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

He’s looked the same Chris Wood at times for Forest. Winning balls that go nowhere. Not holding it up. But they genuinely play to his strengths more. Obviously his confidence is up. We didn’t play to his strengths at all. 

I never thought Wood was a bad player. His record before and now after proves that.  He’s just suited to our style and probably our club. 

14 minutes ago, TBG said:

Disappointing not to hear Slot say its the most important game of his career and most important day of his life.

He just doesn't get it... 🤣