Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Them being fucked financially has worked in their favour. Back to playing the kids. 

Flick has been brilliant for that group of players based on the few games I’ve seen this season. 

Honestly this crop of kids they have are incredible - Curbasi - Balde - Gavi - Cassado - Pedri - Fermin - Lamine and I’ve probably missed a few others 

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Xavi was just too inexperienced - the job was too big for him

They often talk on OTC about the Barca job being exhausting if you are an actual Catalan as you are seen as the de facto leader of the Catalan independence movement.

Cited it as one of the reasons why Pep ultimately left as he just wanted to manage and not have to deal with the politics. Flick as someone completely unassociated with that can focus on the football. 

Xavi won the league, which seems to get forgotten. 

15 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

They often talk on OTC about the Barca job being exhausting if you are an actual Catalan as you are seen as the de facto leader of the Catalan independence movement.

Cited it as one of the reasons why Pep ultimately left as he just wanted to manage and not have to deal with the politics. Flick as someone completely unassociated with that can focus on the football. 

Xavi won the league, which seems to get forgotten. 

Yep - Xavi looked drained towards the end - it’s a really tough job 

Flick seems like a cool customer who might be able to guide this talented crop the right way 

Big fan of Ipswich's policy of signing former PL players bairns :lol: David Hirst and Rory Delap's lads both on the score sheet.

I wonder if one of the sides that gets promoted this year decides to sign Muric in the summer, seeing as he's rapidly becoming part of the single PL season relegation starter pack.

Edited by Pilko

23 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Haha limbs all owa the shop in the Wolves end

Probably my favourite thing in football seeing an away end behind the goal absolutely losing it. Even better if it’s slightly sparse like it was there as people charge about more.

Just now, Disco said:

Probably my favourite thing in football seeing an away end behind the goal absolutely losing it. Even better if it’s slightly sparse like it was there as people charge about more.

The Shearer equaliser versus Inter is a mint one I always think.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Aye love seeing it, contrast to the crowd scene for Brighton's first goal, you'd think they'd won a fucking throw in 

6 hours ago, joeyt said:

@LFEE Gary O'Neil to get sacked?

I’d keep faith with him. Was sold short in the summer i felt similar to EH. His team look like they are fighting for him when I’ve seen them play. They’ve not had much of the rub of th green every time i see them and believe probably owed a few decisions. Crowd seem with him too.

Didn’t see them today but a draw a Brighton a good result. Even better 2-0 down with minutes to go. Two late goals shows fight to me.

What do you think?

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

The Shearer equaliser versus Inter is a mint one I always think.

Aye, slightly cheapened as the fans aren’t at pitch level. Ideally there’ll be folk falling over the hoardings as the player barrels towards them as well. People just losing the run of themselves. The mackem in a game who fell over the hoarding and then his pants fell  

Teams battling against relegation are inevitably the best for this as the shock of winning / scoring adds a little extra along with the pressure of needing results.