Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Probably my favourite thing in football seeing an away end behind the goal absolutely losing it. Even better if it’s slightly sparse like it was there as people charge about more.

14:45

:lol: I haven't actually seen them yet so don't have a truly informed opinion. The lad at Brighton's dad (Hinshelwood) is clearly doing a decent job though. He was manager at Worthing in the sixth tier for several years, and has brought a few players up from that division with him to York. Guy who scored the winner today, Ollie Pearce, scored 43 in 46 goals for them last season and appears to have more than stepped up to this league. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: I haven't actually seen them yet so don't have a truly informed opinion. The lad at Brighton's dad (Hinshelwood) is clearly doing a decent job though. He was manager at Worthing in the sixth tier for several years, and has brought a few players up from that division with him to York. Guy who scored the winner today, Ollie Pearce, scored 43 in 46 goals for them last season and appears to have more than stepped up to this league. 

Did wonder if they were related (looks a decent player btw). About time they came back up, absolute madness they were in the North and had all the issues they did - clearly should be a L2 club at worst. 

9 hours ago, Disco said:

Probably my favourite thing in football seeing an away end behind the goal absolutely losing it. Even better if it’s slightly sparse like it was there as people charge about more.

I was in the away end for the ‘Ryan Taylor, Over The Wall’ derby. Absolutely mad scenes. Think that’s the one where matey flips over the rail near the front :lol: 

Ok, I'm sober now.

Actually I don't think we played supegreat, it was one of those games where both teams' gameplan sorta breaks down and it's just a constant run back and forth - which I guess was great for neutrals but nearly gave me a hearth attack until we started scoring, and Madrid collapsed.

But we're so much more fun to watch now, even when compared to Xavi's one good season. And love the kids we got going.

Edited by Village Idiot

50 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Ok, I'm sober now.

Actually I don't think we played supegreat, it was one of those games where both teams' gameplan sorta breaks down and it's just a constant run back and forth - which I guess was great for neutrals but nearly gave me a hearth attack until we started scoring, and Madrid collapsed.

But we're so much more fun to watch now, even when compared to Xavi's one good season. And love the kids we got going.

Good to see you back mate - missed your posts!

The quality on show last night was fucking unreal. Absolutely superb game. Flick is doing a brilliant job of knitting together that side and getting Lewa back to his best.

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Good to see you back mate - missed your posts!

The quality on show last night was fucking unreal. Absolutely superb game. Flick is doing a brilliant job of knitting together that side and getting Lewa back to his best.

I'm not gonna lie, the past 2 years or so have been a bit shitty for me and I retreated a bit from all things internet. Still got an eye to follow NUFC, mind.

And yeah, one thing Flick is showing to be much better than Xavi is in building the offence. He's got each player playing to his best strengths - Raphinha in particular - and it shows. But the biggest positive takeaway of the game for me is seeing Cubarsí/Fermín/Casadó keeping their nerve on a big stage. We're broke, so we'll have had to plug the many holes in our squad with youngsters, and they'll need to get used fast to playing at this level.

2 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Ipswich's Goalkeepr Muric was a complete disaster for Burnley last season and Ipswich decided he's the the right fit for their own relegation battle, twice already this season he's cost them games.

Tbf he made a couple of great saves before that last rick. Does seem like his confidence is shaky as fuck. 

Might have been the best MOTD match highlights I’ve ever seen though :lol:. Just brilliant. Such a pity Delap’s late shot didn’t go in. Wasn’t convinced about the second yellow as I thought he might have got a touch and the vid was inconclusive. Feels like that’s the end of Ipswich though.

Muric is why if I was Ipswich, I’d be going after Pope (if we was open for a sale). Not going to help them playing out, but like Muric is a sure thing doing that anyway, and importantly, Pope won’t be throwing in goals and costing valuable points. Ipswich have the goals to stay up, but not the solidity.