Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

As good as Arsenal have been since they went ahead, Spurs have basically given up since that same point, and have had no zip to their play at all.

Keep saying next week will be the top 2… won’t be if we win by 3 or more today… unlikely but would love it to spite Sky’s coverage. 

Just now, 54 said:

As good as Arsenal have been since they went ahead, Spurs have basically given up since that same point, and have had no zip to their play at all.

Spurs were playing like they didn’t believe what they were doing was correct. It was pretty listless as it was against us. 

52 minutes ago, 54 said:

The problem is, I don't think you're ever going to have any real consistency when its humans making the decision, especially when its such a subjective and high speed sport, its always going to be tough to have the exact same opinion from game to game. 

Exactly. Part of the game is learning the ref as much as the opposition. I never expect consistency from one game to the next just within the game itself.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal have defended brilliantly.

Their defence was already great, but Timber takes it up a notch.

He is really good. Adds more grit and toughness to the backline.

Arsenal have two players out injured and to listen to the commentary you'd think they'd just played their reserves and won this.

Spurs are dreadful, no chance of them being anywhere near the top 4 again this season. 

Also think Arsenal will beat City next week, Haaland won't score as he never does against the top teams and Arsenal's defence is insane, City have shown they will concede this season to so fancy probably the same result as today for Arsenal there.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I was wondering exactly this, maybe @leffe186 can enlighten us on what he makes of it. 

I think feelings are mixed. Said it before - the first few games kind of made a rod for his own back. There are obviously frustrations that we seem to keep making the same mistakes, but like everything in football there’s a ton of impatience and frankly if you win everything’s great and if you lose everything’s shit.

My take? I was only ever going to make a proper judgment at the end of year three. Like Arteta, if he wins a cup this year it buys him time. We’ve nearly completely revamped the entire squad and been changing the entire philosophy of the club and team. The one thing he hasn’t done is be especially cautious or pragmatic, and I think that’s both fair enough and also what frustrates a lot of fans. I’m happy with the long- and medium-term outlook but of course it’s frustrating that we only have four points this season.

Just now, leffe186 said:

I think feelings are mixed. Said it before - the first few games kind of made a rod for his own back. There are obviously frustrations that we seem to keep making the same mistakes, but like everything in football there’s a ton of impatience and frankly if you win everything’s great and if you lose everything’s shit.

My take? I was only ever going to make a proper judgment at the end of year three. Like Arteta, if he wins a cup this year it buys him time. We’ve nearly completely revamped the entire squad and been changing the entire philosophy of the club and team. The one thing he hasn’t done is be especially cautious or pragmatic, and I think that’s both fair enough and also what frustrates a lot of fans. I’m happy with the long- and medium-term outlook but of course it’s frustrating that we only have four points this season.

Thank you for sharing the insight. :thup:

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

My take? I was only ever going to make a proper judgment at the end of year three.

Are you confident he sees three years in the job?

Funny thing, usually when the first game finishes, they move on to the second game, and talk about the first game after the second game has finished. It's almost as if they only care about the septic 6. Maybe it's just paranoia.

My longstanding Spurs bingo card looking good today. Romero overrated ☑️ Maddison a show pony ☑️ Ange looking over his shoulder come Xmas ☑️