Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Watched the game. He was ok. Just didn’t play to his strengths and oddly played long balls for the wingers to win and knock on inward rather than at least try and use him as a focal point. Game was all Bournemouth in the main until they sat back last 20. Weirdly the goal they scored would’ve been exactly the type of chance he would’ve scored 🙂

Whatever Wood's strengths are, they definitely don't include being the recipient of long balls. 

Villa only a few points off Europe now. I don't think it'd have been as spectacular as how we've done it but I reckon Emery would have been a safe appointment and probably have us around where Brighton and Brentford are.

Promising that the board seemed to have went for people like Emery and Howe over Gerrard and Lampard.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Fucker's got his feet under the table already

dyche.jpg

Wonder what Everton fans thoughts are? Well tbf I don't care but are they acceptant of their plight or will they whine and hound dyche out from the start?

P7 W5 D1 L1 since Emery came and took over exactly the same squad, bar 1.5 games from a LB that Gerrard had, and had averaged about a point a game for a year beforehand. 

Carragher and the rest of the Gerrard fan club can fuck right off. Carpethead was way way out of his depth. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yes me and I still stand by that.  I also said the takeover WAS happening and going ahead when others laughed.  I also said the manager we needed was Eddie Howe when others shook their heads.  I have loads more.  I WILL be proven correct regarding Unai Emery.  He is the equivalent of the "Kings new clothes".  Next!

3 hours ago, brummie said:

P7 W5 D1 L1 since Emery came and took over exactly the same squad, bar 1.5 games from a LB that Gerrard had, and had averaged about a point a game for a year beforehand. 

Carragher and the rest of the Gerrard fan club can fuck right off. Carpethead was way way out of his depth. 

They can take the Lampard fanboys with them.

18 hours ago, brummie said:

He was full on Steve Bruce service from the media.

You’ve got a proper coach now, think you’ll be a threat to the top 7 next year without European football.

I don't think Brentford will be a threat at the end of the season, but 7 matches unbeaten, only the top 3 have lost less, and if they win today they will be 7 points behind us and we still have to go there (where they have only lost to Arsenal this season). I don't see them as much of a threat as the 'bigger' clubs or Brighton, and like Fulham, suspect they probably will fall away eventually, but they do need to be respected at this stage.

Therefore hoping Leeds can get something today.

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I don't think Brentford will be a threat at the end of the season, but 7 matches unbeaten, only the top 3 have lost less, and if they win today they will be 7 points behind us and we still have to go there (where they have only lost to Arsenal this season). I don't see them as much of a threat as the 'bigger' clubs or Brighton, and like Fulham, suspect they probably will fall away eventually, but they do need to be respected at this stage.

Therefore hoping Leeds can get something today.

Fancy a score draw. Here’s hoping, that or worse for them. 

15 minutes ago, jack j said:

Atmosphere at Elland Road always comes across decent like. 2pm on a Sunday as well so they're not using that excuse 👀

I think sky turn the mics down at SJP for whatever reason, or they aren't as close to the fans as they are at other grounds.

I know that sounds like a bit of a mackem thing to say, but i've been in good atmospheres at SJP then watch the rerun on TV and it sounds shit.

Edited by IzzyIsak