Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

7 minutes ago, KDT said:

We’re less than 2/3 through the season and out of the top 4 by 1 point with a game in hand and people are going on like the season is over.

There is a circular debate on here at the moment that anyone claiming we had not taken the best chance at consolidating a top 4 position at this point to the very end as "season over"

Top 7 is great but there's been more than a couple of missed opportunities this season despite how great it has been so far. Acknowledging both is not bed-wetting.

Edited by Amir_9

The media love in with Spuds getting into the top 4 at the end of the game was nauseating like. 

It's not bedwetting to see that there is something fundamentally wrong with us at the moment, we're taking a slide to the schadenfreude of the "traditional top 6" that probably hurts more than just going about our business. I hope we turn a corner soon and I hope its the cup final, however I can only see more disappointment ahead.

We need a result to turn the tide and bring the confidence back and soon.

1 hour ago, Amir_9 said:

Shame really as Top 4 was ours to lose - draws against the likes of Leeds and Bournemouth (x2) has come back to bite us. Spurs are still choke artists.

I really thought we would strength in Jan - our lack of a bench is what has cost us.  Any money spent would have been recouped by getting in the CL.

4 hours ago, Amir_9 said:

Shame really as Top 4 was ours to lose - draws against the likes of Leeds and Bournemouth (x2) has come back to bite us. Spurs are still choke artists.

"Ours to lose" suggests that we've lost it. 

Still 15 games left with plenty of twists and turns to come. I'm sure Spurs fans won't be claiming the top four "is in touching distance" or whatever nonsense it was.

9 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Just seen that stud to knee challenge in the Man U game. How the fuck is that not a red if Bruno's was?

just seen it, can’t believe that VAR now are judging the force of the challenge, it’s studs showing and high and made contact. Surely has to be a red…

That being said I’ve only seen a slow mo version of it.

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Looked much worse than it was. Should've been a yellow.  Hardly any force in it.

The slow-mo and still frames of it make it look horrendous as always. He only tapped him. He height of the tackle still makes it a borderline red though.

15 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Looked much worse than it was. Should've been a yellow.  Hardly any force in it.

:thup:

He pulls out of the challenge meaning that it isn't particularly reckless and he isn't endangering the opponent. It should have been a yellow for the high boot though. 

The Sabitzer one reminds me a lot of the Felix red card, where he does pull back and the contact ends up being very minimal and for a such a short time

Yet the outcomes end up being very different

You know Man-U are back when they are getting marginal decisions in their favour 

55 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Pleased he didn’t get a red, just have to hope that he plays in the final. Will get continually rinsed by Bruno and Jow 

Would expect our midfield to be Casemiro, Fred and Fernandes.

Interesting match in the Championship on Sky tonight - Watford vs West Brom

Watford 2 points off the playoffs, and West Brom 2 points further back, but have a game in hand on most. Two teams who should definitely be in the promotion mix, although one was massively held back by their manager at the start of the season, and I guess the other not helped by their crazy managerial policy.

West Brom went on an amazing run to recover from Bruce, going from bottom 3 into the playoffs, but only 4 points from their last 4 has seen them fall a bit, while Watford haven't won in 5. Apart from Middlesbrough, the other playoff spots look wide open, so a big match from that perspective.

Speaking of Boro, they might even make the top 2 now. They've won 9 of their last 10 league matches and 5 in a row since that Sunderland match. They're also currently only 4 points behind Sheff Utd (who do have a game in hand) and have made up 8 points on them in the past 4 matches (including a win at Bramall Lane), so definitely a possibility they'll pass them before the end of the season. I don't mind Boro, and wouldn't mind them coming up, but I would rather it was via the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fred’s going to be targeted and bullied. Will be interesting to see how the two sides match up in the middle 

Fred is so inconsistent but when he's good he's really good. I'd much rather him in there than Sabitzer for now.