Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Hope nowt happens to the linesman, Robertson is a millionaire, the linesman is likely doing it for his love of the game, Robertson probably said some despicable shit. He's learnt a lot from klopp who regularly berates officials then no action 

Robertson's a whingy wee arsehole

3 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

I think I am a bad person.

It comes down to schadenfreude. If Man City don’t win the title it won’t matter. Nobody cares about Man City. Their fans won’t care; they’ve won everything and are spoiled rotten. If Arsenal blow it, it will hurt bad. I want them them to fail.

Similar to this, but more so that if City wins it, no one gives a shite, barely even their own fans at this point, it's just par for the course. If Arsenal win the league, it's absolutely huge for them, and that can fuck off. 

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Arteta whinging about the whole time-wasting thing, only to go and revert to the exact same thing himself. Prick. 

He's a weird little bloke. Look at his cartoon face and his hair, he looks like a Fisher Price man with his rubbish clothes.

14 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Just watching the highlights back of the Liverpool game, recall seeing lots of comments on the penalty 

Am I alone in thinking it was a penalty? clumsy defending from Holding

??? It was an absolutely stonewall penalty, Holding kicks Jota in the calf.

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

??? It was an absolutely stonewall penalty, Holding kicks Jota in the calf.

That's exactly how I saw it but reading the comments back and people in this thread were raging, having a go at VAR too 

I can only assume they wanted Liverpool to lose and they allowed that to cloud their judgement 

Feel like arsenal threw it away on that Jesus/Odegaard double sub. 

They were starting to get a few counter attacks and Odegaard was stil threading some nice through balls and Jesus was battling away. 

But remember thinking who the hell is this when that Kiwor came on. Going 5 at the back with 10 + injury time to go just invited Liverpool on. 

8 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's exactly how I saw it but reading the comments back and people in this thread were raging, having a go at VAR too 

I can only assume they wanted Liverpool to lose and they allowed that to cloud their judgement 

Yeah I think people in here were just biased in not wanting Liverpool to get a penalty. Was a clear penalty

8 hours ago, alexf said:

Feel like arsenal threw it away on that Jesus/Odegaard double sub. 

They were starting to get a few counter attacks and Odegaard was stil threading some nice through balls and Jesus was battling away. 

But remember thinking who the hell is this when that Kiwor came on. Going 5 at the back with 10 + injury time to go just invited Liverpool on. 

I agree I think it was a bit of a bottle job.  They were panicking and not backing themselves to attack anymore.  When Saka was through and crossed we would have had 3-4 players with him.  They eventually had one.  We've got a bit go Keegan in us in that even with just a 1 goal lead we still commit men forward.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

Arsenal will be disappointed but a draw at Anfield is hardly a disaster. City still have Brighton, Everton, Brentford away. If Arsenal can avoid defeat at City, they can definitely win title. A loss will be difficult.

27 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Just looked at Huddersfield's squad list and Rolando Aarons is there still

Was desperate for him to be a world beater here

I’d forgotten all about him. Was with us for 9 years!  

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Wrexham vs Nottingham county should be fun.  I wonder what the viewing figures will be. 

I'm not sure how many people have BT Sport, but I'd say those that had access to both, more people will be watching the non league match than Coventry vs Watford on the main Sky channel. The whole Ryan Reynold / Disney documentary will add a fair few, plus the fact it's ridiculously tight and a crazy end to the season. I've gone for that one.

WBA ahead against QPR in a big match at both ends.

I'm hoping Carlisle can at least match Stevenage and Northampton's results today - it's Carlisle vs Northampton on Saturday, currently 3rd vs 2nd and I think I'll go with me not too far away.