Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Saw JWP described as a modern day Rory Delap and don’t think that’s a million miles off. Solid 6/7 out of 10 every week in a mid-table side but absolutely terrifying from set-plays. 

Rory Delap had 0 footballing ability mind. He'd have been out of place in a league 1 side. 

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Hey buddy go make another batch of rasberry jam or something.

And stop worrying about my football takes, which are all 100% correct and never ever wrong. Okay?

Screenshot_20230223_165639_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It was a joke :lol:

Ah, right! It's all good man. I really don't mind you lot giving me a bit of shit tbh. It's not that serious.

When I'm sat around with friends watching sports you wouldn't believe how heated it gets :lol:

2 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

This game is actually quite brilliant to watch, it's absolutely chaotic [emoji38]

Fun for a neutral but some of Southampton's hilariously misplaced passes in attack would have me absolutely raging if I was a fan. :lol:

12 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Rory Delap had 0 footballing ability mind. He'd have been out of place in a league 1 side. 

His son's a fucking cart horse as well. Should've put Preston 1-0 up and stifled the gull wankers' play off hopes. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Johnson and Gibbs white are levels above their teammates 

That £30 million for Gibbs-White seems not so bad in hindsight. 

JWP is a beans on toast midfielder but the lad can hit a dead ball

If the laws of the game ever change to a gridiron type arrangement he’d be canny to bring on for set plays - and then immediately sub back off because then you’d have JWP playing in midfield

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

JWP is a beans on toast midfielder but the lad can hit a dead ball

If the laws of the game ever change to a gridiron type arrangement he’d be canny to bring on for set plays - and then immediately sub back off because then you’d have JWP playing in midfield

It's very strange that they don't play in a way that allows him to be in and around the box more often so he can get shots away. Borderline incompetent.

Just now, KaKa said:

It's very strange that they don't play in a way that allows him to be in and around the box more often so he can get shots away. Borderline incompetent.

Chelsea used to do that with Lampard - you’d definitely play to the lad’s strengths and also limit exposure to his weaknesses