Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

2 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

Its insane how much refs are screamed at and they do nothing, Arsenal one of the worst for it.

that punch in the Bournemouth/Palace game is a shocker. If it was one of ours I’d expect a lengthy ban for it there is no excuse for that

Three weeks of giving yellows and subsequent reds to players talking back to the referee/officials and crowding them and it stops. Never understood why they haven't fixed it.

Brighton look excellent, pretty much as usual. I'm sure Howe is watching this and coming up with a plan to prevent them completely overrunning us in midfield. If Bruno and the Joe's play like yesterday we'll be in trouble. Hope Longstaff is back.

Just now, toontownman said:

Three weeks of giving yellows and subsequent reds to players talking back to the referee/officials and crowding them and it stops. Never understood why they haven't fixed it.

Retrospective action would be nice. We've checked the footage and you crowded the ref, if you do it again you get a 1 game ban. Should only be the captain or a nominated outfield player is the GK is captain. I mean the refs make some shit decisions but having grown men screaming in your face can't help.

Do they still do retrospective bans for violent tackles now that we have var?   It used to be you could only get punished if the ref didn’t see it.  Not if he saw it and got it wrong.  Now var sees everything does that mean the punch can not result in a ban?

The way that Brighton play out from the back is super risky. As well as they've played they've got lucky a couple of times here and could've easily conceded a couple. If we're on it on Thursday (which we will be), I've no doubt we'll score. 

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Brighton pretty good at finding space in behind. Not our strongest area if we play a high line.

It’s a bad match up unless Eddie tweaks things.  

Im so angry we conceded early goals against Arsenal and Leeds. Doesn’t take much to get thr nerves going. 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Ferguson is so old school, I love it 

Class young player, had never seen him until they played Everton earlier in the season, they couldn't handle him at all and I thought "where the fuck did he come from"

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Class young player, had never seen him until they played Everton earlier in the season, they couldn't handle him at all and I thought "where the fuck did he come from"

Yeah he’s great, he’s got so many good attributes plus that old school hold up play, willing to physically battle it out. Love him 

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Would be enjoying this Brighton team outplaying Arsenal if not for us playing them next. 

People mocked me when I said Brighton are a better team than us, and we are lucky to have home advantage for our game on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

People mocked me when I said Brighton are a better team than us, and we are lucky to have home advantage for our game on Thursday. 

Hopefully they're mocking you again after we've walloped them on Thursday. :saylor:

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

I mocked you because its bullshit. We are third and they are 7th?

They are a cracking outfit but they aren't better than us. It's not even a debate, its a fact.

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Madley and Marriner especially take it to stupid extremes. Mitoma's just took a smash to the face, yesterday a Bournemouth player was punched, against Everton our players were getting kicked all over. I'm all for letting the game flow, but they're taking it too far and players are going to end up injured. Martinelli just has been in retaliation for him smashing Mitoma.

Yes but once players realise they will just be injuring each other rather than gaining free kicks they will stop. Refs just need to let it play out for a few months.

No challenge today has been particularly bad.  Mitoma still on the pitch and playing uninjured. Not sure what was up with Martinelli but the Caicedo tackle was harmless.

Just now, STM said:

I mocked you because its bullshit. We are third and they are 7th?

They are a cracking outfit but they aren't better than us. It's not even a debate, its a fact.

They've notably underperformed their XGs.  They're in a bit of a false position relative to us.  They're really fucking good.