Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, toon25 said:

Who do we want to win this?

Heart says Brighton, head says Arsenal, the way their supporters have gone on at us all season I want to see Arsenal lose the rest of their matches. My head tells me Brighton win and we're in for a difficult evening on Thursday and we need the win.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Rather Brighton lost to be honest, know it’s unlikely but still don’t want them in with a chance of catching us.

We'll beat them - do not worry.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not particularly. Everton just got their tactics spot on and Brighton weren't at their best. A bit like us at Villa.

I think it was definitely more than that, Steele had a horrific day. 5 was very excessive.

4C13A35C-9C4E-49A4-AC8C-9B20B8DDCDD9.jpeg

Edited by Sempiternal

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Rather Brighton lost to be honest, know it’s unlikely but still don’t want them in with a chance of catching us.

But if they do then at least it would almost certainly just be 5th into 6th instead of 4th into 5th. You'd obviously rather finish as high as possible, but it's still a rare top 6 finish and still Europa League, although not sure if 6th would require an extra tie, in which case, aye, would be beneficial to finish above them.

If they win here then it's not beyond the realms of possibility - they have Southampton to play, they'd obviously need to beat us, and then Man City (H) wouldn't be half as daunting as it would have been if Arsenal were still somewhat in the equation, which of course they won't be if they lost here.

Edited by Paullow

21 minutes ago, STM said:

False positions don't exist 36 games into a season. There are fine margins that could swing a point or two either way, I'll give you that.

They are a good side, we are a better side and I'm not even confident of us winning.[emoji38]

Of course false positions exist after 36 games, Pardew's 5th place and Bruce's midtable season are perfect examples. I would say Brighton are pretty much on the same level as us for now, but that probably won't be the case in near future due to the difference in spending power.