Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

A lot already said about the first goal but what about the second goal? I mean, other than Ake making some attempt to tackle Garnacho, the rest of them just stood around like statues, Akanji, what the fuck? One of the softest goals i've ever seen them concede.

Thought City were pretty crap, so slow and labored, no pace and creativity. Foden and Mahrez were pony all day. Haaland made about 40 runs and was never played in behind. Thought the LB for Manure played canny. Still don't think they played well though, draw would have been about right.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yes! We've beaten our bitter rivals Man City, now to celebrate! Naturally, by logging in to the Newcastle United forum and trying to wind them up.

Or... 

Yes! We've beaten our bitter rivals Man City. I'm a grown man with a wife and a child so I'm not boozing at lunchtime on a Saturday and I'm sitting in the house so I'll just go on to the football forum I have been on for thirteen years. I'm sure I'll get called a gobshite and a cunt but most people will be able to have the banter. Bet you Kid Icarus will still be a miserable fucker though. 

Permanently logged in by the way. :thup: 

Just now, Jaqen said:

I'm sure Froggy knows it was a ridiculous decesion, like :lol: You'd think people would realise by now anything he posts in the football section is purely to try and wind others up. 

:giggs: Jaqen

Sunderland down to 10 men. Was having a quick browse of their forum after the incident, and this caused a chuckle.

jesus juice said:

Kicking right off. Love it

Aye Nout better than a red card after 18 minutes marra

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

I'm sure Froggy knows it was a ridiculous decesion, like :lol: You'd think people would realise by now anything he posts in the football section is purely to try and wind others up. 

I thought that was 70% of the point. 

100% on skunkers, tho. 

25 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I understand what you are saying but if you watch the replay Ederson’s eyes and positioning are all focused and based on Rashford because not only did he continue his run instead of stopping it he even went to shoot until last second where he dummied it for Fernandez to shoot ?

Are you honestly saying that’s not interfering with play? @Froggy

I would scream if it was given against us. Take from that what you will. 

I've seen four or five different people in different group chats send screenshots of the "rules" and they're all different. 

It will certainly need clarification. 

Just now, Paullow said:

Sunderland down to 10 men. Was having a quick browse of their forum after the incident, and this caused a chuckle.

jesus juice said:

Kicking right off. Love it

Aye Nout better than a red card after 18 minutes marra

Jesus juice edited his to make it even funnier.

Kicking right off. Love it.

Edit  Stream behind. Fuck.

Trent jogging towards the ball after a blocked shot. Ball going out for a throw. Not going to play it. Flagged as he’s coming back from an offside position :lol: 

Nice to know the same law is applied consistently across the board. 

52 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

That offside rule is a joke. 

Should just have a player stood in an offside position causing havoc going forward with others making late deep runs.

Should be the way it used to be for me - if you're off, you're off.

Call me synical, but the current version of the rule benefits the TV, as does VAR and 'creating' additional discussion, etc. Doesn't seem that these rule changes or VAR are for the betterment of the governance of individual games or indeed across the season.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Or... 

Yes! We've beaten our bitter rivals Man City. I'm a grown man with a wife and a child so I'm not boozing at lunchtime on a Saturday and I'm sitting in the house so I'll just go on to the football forum I have been on for thirteen years. I'm sure I'll get called a gobshite and a cunt but most people will be able to have the banter. Bet you Kid Icarus will still be a miserable fucker though. 

Permanently logged in by the way. :thup: 

Being sure you'll get called a gobshite and a cunt is exactly the point :thup: 

I'd be worried if I was still laughing at exactly the same having banter from 13 years ago like, even if I thought it was funny at the time. :lol: Less miserable, more bored really.

Edited by Kid Icarus

49 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd have been livid if we scored that goal and didn't get it as by the rules it stands. The rule is fucking stupid as they've pushed up to catch Rashford offside. 

I'm with Brian Clough on this, if you're on the pitch you're interfering with play.

This.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Should be the way it used to be for me - if you're off, you're off.

Call me synical, but the current version of the rule benefits the TV, as does VAR and 'creating' additional discussion, etc. Doesn't seem that these rule changes or VAR are for the betterment of the governance of individual games or indeed across the season.

100%. Either that or the player has to touch the ball. "Interfering with play" is too subjective so that no-one knows where they are.