Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Cancelled it for yellow now, right it was a harsh red, but equally by letter of the law it is a red isn't it? It's just not enough actual force so normally would be yellow but dunno if you can overrul as the red card is technically correct so not a clear and obvious error

Just now, Tiresias said:

Cancelled it for yellow now, right it was a harsh red, but equally by letter of the law it is a red isn't it? It's just not enough actual force so normally would be yellow but dunno if you can overrul as the red card is technically correct so not a clear and obvious error

I think he clearly goes to push him in the arm and it kinda of slips into his face is what saves him

Plus, Emerson came barging into him for no reason, that was worse than what Ziyech did

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Joelinton does that to Fernandes today and you know it’s a red all day. 

Fernandes is going to be such a bitch later on, just have to make sure we don’t give them a single thing to try to make out of nothing 

5 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think he clearly goes to push him in the arm and it kinda of slips into his face is what saves him

Plus, Emerson came barging into him for no reason, that was worse than what Ziyech did

Yeah my point being, generally VAR is there for the pedantic enforcement of the actual rules, but by pedantic following of rules a shove in the face is a shove in the face and a red card, and therefore surely it's not a "clear and obvious error" as the rules have been correctly (if extremely harshly applied). It is good common sense has prevailed, but equally VAR is just adding little but another layer of confusion. 

Equally as much as it was not a violent punch or anything, Ziyech could have no complaints if red stood, you do that, you run the risk of a red

Sorry to expand cos i am even confusing myself. This would be working as intended if VAR was meant to be an opportunity for Refs to have a second look at a decision and adjust, but since it's not, the ref isn't meant to be interrupting play to have another look, it's meant to be if a law was incorrectly applied around red cards and goals. I am just amused because of course that isnt the case and the stockley park guys have just said hang on mate that was harsh. I am just amused that we have got to the correct outcome from VAR not working properly somehow, albeit maybe that is how it should work.

Edited by Tiresias

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Wait, the ref was about to give Ziyech a booking for the tackle as well. So should have been two bookings for Ziyech and a sending off anyway :lol:

Was just coming to type this! Referee had his book out to book Ziyech for the tackle before anyone kicked off (can see it in his hand). He ended up booking Ziyech for the push but forgot all about the original tackle 

Surprised Sky didn't mention it 

Edited by Pokerprince2004