Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

These handballs are ruining the game. 

If that was against us we'd all be screaming for a pen though.

As he turned his arm comes away from his side and the ball hits it, it's a penalty.

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

I don't mind Boro, only know two fans from Uni, who were both canny, I like Carrick, and was originally wanting them to do well and possibly make the playoffs in form and be a thorn in Sunderland's side should they meet (before the Mackems bad run), but that banner thing the other day makes me think they'll try and force something that's not there should we meet next season for the first time since 2010, so possibly hope they don't come up, and therefore would quite like to see SU win here.

I live in the smog (North Yorkshire) and most of me mates are Boro fans.

Boro fans generally hate Newcastle (and obviously the mackems) and have a gigantic chip on their shoulders about the fact that the 2 north east clubs see them as being insignificant and that they have no real rivals.

Their hypocrisy about the Saudis is well funny though seeing as Sabic are investing billions into Teesside as are Alfanar in the near future. I look forward to their banners telling the Saudis to f*ck off and take their business elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

They only encroached because Chilwell went first. If he had have scored it would not be retaken

Peter Dalt said it was because one of the encroachers cleared the ball.

As far as the retake goes. That shouldn't be retaken if the first person to encroach is a Chelsea player.

Once that happens it should void any Dortmund player being called for encroaching.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

As he turned his arm comes away from his side and the ball hits it, it's a penalty.

I wouldn’t be, I would never ask for a pen for that. Guy blasts the ball off his arm FFS, come on man. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I’d never be screaming for a pen for that. It’s a disaster for the game. Why are teams getting an 80% chance of a goal from a situation where they have less than 5% chance of a goal?

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Players don't always play with their hands by their sides. He's about 2 yards away, the ball is blasted at him and it hits his hand slightly away from his body

It's getting beyond ludicrous

Edited by joeyt

Peter Walton can get to fuck as well. Said it shouldn't be a penalty when ref said no then said it should be a penalty when he went to the screen. The fucking dopy bastard then says the player who encroached was getting an advantage and cleared the rebound. Wasnt the case as the defender who cleared it never encroached at all. What a fucking helmet

Edited by Pokerprince2004

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wouldn’t be, I would never ask for a pen for that. Guy blasts the ball off his arm FFS, come on man. 

I don't know man. I can kind of see why that was given.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Players don't always play with their hands by their sides. He's about 2 yards away, the ball is blasted at him and it hits his hand slightly away from his body

It's getting beyond ludicrous

Isn't the close proximity thing just a Premier League directive? Don't think that was implemented for European competitions was it?

17 minutes ago, Pata said:

I really don't think that should be retaken.

Yeah, also plenty of Chelsea players in the box when it was taken. No chance there would have been a retake  if Havertz had scored the first pen.

Edited by Ridman

17 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

I live in the smog (North Yorkshire) and most of me mates are Boro fans.

Boro fans generally hate Newcastle (and obviously the mackems) and have a gigantic chip on their shoulders about the fact that the 2 north east clubs see them as being insignificant and that they have no real rivals.

Their hypocrisy about the Saudis is well funny though seeing as Sabic are investing billions into Teesside as are Alfanar in the near future. I look forward to their banners telling the Saudis to f*ck off and take their business elsewhere. 

Yeah, I thought that maybe since they hadn't played us since March 2010, 13 years ago, so anyone under 21 wouldn't have seen the sides meet (or could remember it anyway), and they have played Sunderland 10 times since they last played us, and they have been more on their level, and obviously a little closer, their attention might have switched more towards Wearside, especially with that recent thread on FMTTM before their match where loads were going on about Sunderland being in Newcastle's shadow and the little cousin etc., but guess they're feeling quite confident about promotion this season.

Sheff Utd 1-0 up in the 82nd minute which isn't good for them, and WBA 1-0 up as well which won't please Sunderland.

Edited by Paullow

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Cannot wait for the commentator to say something to the effect of “it’s been another magical night at the bridge” if the scoreline stays the same 

He absolutely loves bigging up stadiums. I remember during the recent Villa vs Arsenal match he was waxing lyrical the whole match about Villa Park and it being one of the most iconic grounds ever.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

He absolutely loves bigging up stadiums. I remember during the recent Villa vs Arsenal match he was waxing lyrical the whole match about Villa Park and it being one of the most iconic grounds ever.

It is to be fair ?