Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

On 08/03/2023 at 08:26, Ken Boon said:

I live in the smog (North Yorkshire) and most of me mates are Boro fans.

Boro fans generally hate Newcastle (and obviously the mackems) and have a gigantic chip on their shoulders about the fact that the 2 north east clubs see them as being insignificant and that they have no real rivals.

Their hypocrisy about the Saudis is well funny though seeing as Sabic are investing billions into Teesside as are Alfanar in the near future. I look forward to their banners telling the Saudis to f*ck off and take their business elsewhere. 

Agree it seems a strange line of argument when Teesside needs all the Saudi investment it can get.  

I've lived there too so agree with your comments to some extent but to be fair to your mates (which you should probably do too) I found most are not bothered about the local rivals / un-derby thing as is always made out on forums these days and to balance things I'd say most are proud of being a smaller no-frills club with a long-standing local owner, local support from the town (not even wider Teesside) and of being an OK club that general holds its own over the years. Just saying.

Sorry agree with the banner thing, just trying to take out the RTG tone from the rest.

Edited by Delavaldevil

Shame there's no MNF, Championship, or even top end League One match on tonight. Slim pickings on TV - Crusaders vs Cliftonville on Sky, Falkirk vs Ayr in the Cup on BBC Scotland, and Milan vs Salernitana on BT, plus a couple of Spanish matches on more niche channels.