Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Murphy is one of the worst - his commentaryd during the Brighton game was unbearable. Sutton is awful. For such a great player Scholes is awful at communicating. Nearly everyone on Talksport is terrible with the exception of Darren Bent, Keown is ok too.

Merson, Ferdinand, Redknapp and on his best day Owen - actually demonstrate at times, good knowledge of ball. I think it comes down being pretty good to great players in their day and just being comfortable on screen.

39 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's just so many: Merson, Aluko, O'Hara, Agbonlahor, Carney, Saunders, Walsh, Nicholas, Ferdinand, Owen, Redknapp. I've probably missed a few too. 

Wanted to add Murphy to this but TCD beat me to it.

Absolutely abysmal to a man.

I think Merson is generally alright. He’s said some daft things about us and our support but he doesn’t make me want to fling things at my TV.

Of the newer batch on Soccer Saturday, Michael Dawson is laughably shit.

10 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Wanted to add Murphy to this but TCD beat me to it.

Absolutely abysmal to a man.

Absolutely nothing reedeeming about the man. Agbonlahor doesn't get any important jobs. Ferdinand & Owen know abit about their positions. Merson has a bit of personality.

Murphy? Dour. Shit points. No insights. Doesn't know anything about being elite at anything. Another Liverpool guy. Zero banter. Why is he commentating on the FA Cup semi final? No chemistry with other pundits. Ugly. Not "slick" at presenting.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Absolutely nothing reedeeming about the man. Agbonlahor doesn't get any important jobs. Ferdinand & Owen know abit about their positions. Merson has a bit of personality.

Murphy? Dour. Shit points. No insights. Doesn't know anything about being elite at anything. Another Liverpool guy. Zero banter. No chemistry with other pundits. Ugly.

Christ almighty poor Danny Murphy ? 

17 minutes ago, christ said:

I think Merson is generally alright. He’s said some daft things about us and our support but he doesn’t make me want to fling things at my TV.

Of the newer batch on Soccer Saturday, Michael Dawson is laughably shit.

I don't watch it any more so I can't comment on Dawson, but Merson is woeful. He's an lazy, uniformed, gobshite who trots out the same illogical nonsense week after week.

Edited by The Prophet

He's not thick at all especially when compared to the others that have been mentioned, but Gary Neville's knowledge and analysis of clubs/players outside the 'big 6' is incredibly poor for an apparently flagship pundit. Carragher shows him up in every single regard, if only his accent wasn't as strong as it is. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

19 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's not thick at all especially when compared to the others that have been mentioned, but Gary Neville's knowledge and analysis of clubs/players outside the 'big 6' is incredibly poor for an apparently flagship pundit. Carragher shows him up in every single regard, if only his accent wasn't as strong as it is. :lol:

Aye he's fallen far.

He knows v. little even about top 6.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

There's just so many: Merson, Aluko, O'Hara, Agbonlahor, Carney, Saunders, Walsh, Nicholas, Ferdinand, Owen, Redknapp. I've probably missed a few too. 

Just a few? :lol:

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Murphy? Dour. Shit points. No insights. Doesn't know anything about being elite at anything. Another Liverpool guy. Zero banter. Why is he commentating on the FA Cup semi final? No chemistry with other pundits. Ugly. Not "slick" at presenting.

He’s very good on the radio as a pundit. Diligent when arguing a point and always seems balanced. Never looks for sound bites or click bait. Sees things some others doesn’t. Very much like his playing style. Not sure he would suite commentary at all.