Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, Sean said:

Completely irrelevant but I hate this "player of the match" we now get. It's man of the fucking match man [emoji38]

I hate that it gets blamed on PC gone mad/wokeism, and TV companies have sort of embraced gender neutrality as the reason they've done it, when as usual it's because of fucking capitalism.

Just now, buzz said:

Absolutely woeful. Just chases shadows. McKennie is a waste of space as well

Genuinely thought McKennie would have been a good signing [emoji38]

Have they committed to buying him?

58 minutes ago, Paullow said:

There's minimal stress from an NUFC perspective. I know Toon25 hates Villa so that will obviously influence his view, but Villa winning here is not bad.

If Villa won ALL their games they would be on 69 points meaning we would only need 10 more because the GD isn't getting overturned, but if they were to win every game then, as pointed out earlier, that would mean losses for Liverpool, Brighton, Man U and Spurs which would be good anyway. 

I think I'd prefer them to win tonight, keep them interested/motivated and give the others more to think about when they play Villa.

Great post. All that said, I can't remember the last time Villa lost (losing 4-2 to Arsenal feels like the last time I saw them lose), they hardly ever seem to drop points :lol:

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I hate that it gets blamed on PC gone mad/wokeism, and TV companies have sort of embraced gender neutrality as the reason they've done it, when as usual it's because of fucking capitalism.

It's because it's under copyright isn't it? Thanks for the reminder, I'd genuinely forgotten... Detest POTM... To be fair, the real reason is so preposterous you can see why people would assume it was something else.

Edited by 80

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just the sound of Michael Owen's boring monotone voice is enough to cause me irrational rage. Such a cunt.

Can't stand "High Performance" Jake Humphrey either.  Pair of cunts.

Who's finishing 8th and missing out on Europe altogether? You'd probably have to think Spurs at the moment. Liverpool would possibly prefer to not be in the Conference if that was all they could get, Spurs possibly as well (despite their lack of trophies), but Brighton and Villa would likely appreciate it if they were to finish 7th.

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

It's because it's under copyright isn't it? Thanks for the reminder, I'd genuinely forgotten... Detest POTM... To be fair, the real reason is so preposterous you can see why people would assume it was something else.

I would hazard a guess that the gender neutrality thing will have given them a good excuse, but aye, TV companies were having to pay to use the Man of the Match trademark. Not sure what happens if Player of the Match gets trademarked like.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I would hazard a guess that the gender neutrality thing will have given them a good excuse, but aye, TV companies were having to pay to use the Man of the Match trademark. Not sure what happens if Player of the Match gets trademarked like.

Need to get around to trademarking "the" and making myself a billionaire.