Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

The CL final is essentially at the Emptihad next week.

The Milan sides will have lucked their way to the final. Either will be steamrolled by City or Real

Edited by toon25

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I always found it both irritating and funny to watch PFMs doing European football punditry.

They’re paid exorbitant sums to watch football and talk shite about it for literally minutes every so often - yet their knowledge of anything outside of England is minimal.  And if we were talking about the Maltese third division, I’d think ‘fair enough’.  But I know they’ll watch an all-Milanese CL semi and still be unsure about many of the players on the pitch.  They’re paid to watch football and talk about it - and even watching football is apparently just too great a burden. 

Without wanting to make it sound like an insult to him as I really like him but it's mad how even bloody YouTubers like James Allcott are far better than pundits these days.

That lot on BT, fuck me. Awful. Humphrey gets a pass from a few of our fans because he did to be fair get it spot on regarding Ashley, but I've always thought he's always been absolutely desperate to be liked. At times he's too far up our hoop to the point where it gets cringe. All of the apparently flagship pundits on there are terrible, I'd never go out of my way to listen what they have to say about a specific match, bit of play or just the game in general. Whereas if Carragher was doing a section of MNF on us I'd 9 times out of 10 tune in. 

They have people there as well that they just don't use. I'm not a huge fan of James Horncastle as I think he's a bit holier-than-thou but he does know his stuff and articulates it well on camera. Just needs a whole revamp.

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Whereas if Carragher was doing a section of MNF on us I'd 9 times out of 10 tune in. 

It's no the wonder Sky were so eager to help hold of Carragher after the spitting incident, I really think he's the jewel in the crown there at the moment, which is not something you'd ever have expected of him when he was a player. He's a great screen presence, funny, argumentative, incisive. I don't watch much punditry at all, but I make an exception where he's concerned, get annoyed with himself if I miss the first ten minutes of MNF.

12 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Without wanting to make it sound like an insult to him as I really like him but it's mad how even bloody YouTubers like James Allcott are far better than pundits these days.

That lot on BT, fuck me. Awful. Humphrey gets a pass from a few of our fans because he did to be fair get it spot on regarding Ashley, but I've always thought he's always been absolutely desperate to be liked. At times he's too far up our hoop to the point where it gets cringe. All of the apparently flagship pundits on there are terrible, I'd never go out of my way to listen what they have to say about a specific match, bit of play or just the game in general. Whereas if Carragher was doing a section of MNF on us I'd 9 times out of 10 tune in. 

They have people there as well that they just don't use. I'm not a huge fan of James Horncastle as I think he's a bit holier-than-thou but he does know his stuff and articulates it well on camera. Just needs a whole revamp.

Just stick James Richardson & friends front and centre of everything. Job done.

This Roma game has been shit tbh. Stop-start, no quality, neither side has had the ball for any meaningful amount of time in the opposition's third.

Third Europa League game I've watched this season and they've been a triumvirate of shiiiiiite.