Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Mr Keane will not be happy. This second half is as bad a Man U performance as I've seen.

They've looked better since Rashford went off. They've actually started playing with a bit more fire and urgency. I often get the feeling that unless the situation falls right for Rashford (ie in space and with time to run at a defender), he doesn't bother at all. When you've picked at centre forward surely you're supposed to at least look like you're fighting for the ball.

Outplayed by both Wolves and Spurs (with no Harry Kane and a new manager).

Credit to Postecoglu. Already completely changed how Spurs play.

Man United are in big trouble. End of the window is critical.

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It is no good Neville talking about the club needing to fund a defensive midfielder when they spent £50 million plus on Mount, in the same way they needed a striker last season but spent £70 million plus on Anthony.

Watching them since Ten Hag arrived and I still don’t understand what sort of tactics they are going out on the pitch with, apart from pass it to Rashford and hope he does something.

No you don't understand. They just need one more window to get the right players. Just one more! 

I might be a bit biased here but looking at that Manu side. Which ones would get onto our first 11 for Howe?

I'd say Shaw at left back, arguably Rashford at left wing and thats it? I'd take Schar infront of any of their centre halfs next to Botman but that might be a bit of a biased take. :)

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Anyway... 

will-ferrell-old-milwaukee.gif.d20f1052434be4e1e0b7ec49f319006b.gif

You surprised by the start?

Like, I know they need a couple more additions ideally but it's a pretty established group of players they have there and I expected Ten Haag would have them playing with a bit more energy and purpose than we've seen so far.

They looked like they're playing to a system already after a pre season. Ange has drilled the basics into them and they looked effective. Man utd look like eth has just joined the club and doesn't know the players ? 

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Should of bought an athletic centre mid to sit alongside casemiro and bruno f can play in front of them. Mount is a luxury player. Now Nevilles banging on about the glaziers again boring. 

The club infrastructure is so bad at the minute that any money provided is just going to be wasted for the most part anyway.

How hard is it to just appoint some moderately competent people to overseer recruitment? It's a complete disgrace.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Give Mount a bit of time ffs. 

I'll be in Manchester next week and I'll be looking for Antony. Strong words to be had. 

Aye you're right, he looked good for Derby in the Championship 3 seasons ago. But like flapping on about not getting funds and he's spent £150m on Antony and Mount, when those aren't really the positions that needed strengthened. Then another £60m on Casemiro. £200m on 3 players. Ten Hag kinda bad.