Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I know quite a few said Diaby wouldn’t have suited us, but he’s looked absolutely brilliant and perfect for us so far.

Think I read that Howe didn’t fancy him and wasn’t convinced. The others in the recruitment team were for him.

DCL is so depressing man. Always manages to get injured somehow.

There's a world where we could have ended up with all these problems too, as he was apparently the striker we were after initially.

But of course he got injured yet again and so could no longer be considered.

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Think I read that Howe didn’t fancy him and wasn’t convinced. The others in the recruitment team were for him.

Wonder if it's not his ability but Diaby himself, the no dickhead rule that Howe has. A complete guess like as i've never read anything about Diaby in the negative, i mean it can't be his playing ability as he looks real good.

Edited by Bimpy474

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Diaby again a constant threat, but yeah, McGinn is playing great.

Diaby looks a great pick up for them. Emery has also given him a bit of a free role playing off Watkins, which means he has less to do defensively, as he doesn't have to track the opposition full back.

Think we opted against going for him for that right side as his defensive numbers were really bad.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Diaby looks a great pick up for them. Emery has also given him a bit of a free role playing off Watkins, which means he has less to do defensively, as he doesn't have to track the opposition full back.

Think we opted against going for him for that right side as his defensive numbers were really bad.

I think Villa's first two games are a good indication of how the season may go for them. 

You can get away with Diaby in a free role against Everton, but when you're playing a team also pushing for top 6 you need everyone to work off the ball. It's why he wouldn't have been much use to us last night against Man City. 

I think Villa will be hard to beat at home and will likely grab a good amount of points from teams in the bottom half, but they'll struggle against the top teams.