Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Doping is rife in football, this is just one example of it.

I’m sure it is rife in all top level sports. Doesn’t answer the question though.

I’m still yet to see actual evidence about these players with asthma. Then some peer reviewed, controlled studies on the benefits of using an inhaler if you don’t actually have asthma and the benefits it brings. 

I mean, I might get one myself to improve my own performance. As in not getting out of puff from walking the dog :lol: 

The section of the City fans bothering to celebrate properly after that result could probably get home in a fleet of about four taxis. Absolutely shite support.

10 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Just the 4 in the row, best league in the world.

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

As opposed to the other major leagues that are already concluded mostly at a canter.

You'd never see those being won consecutively by Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, PSG and the like

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

Sky as much as you hype it up, it's still a hollow victory with 115 charges that continually get kicked down the road.

Very hollow - we have all seen the emails.  Only escaped a ban with UEFA because most of the evidence was time barred. But I don't trust the PL to do anything.

1 minute ago, mikejaxer said:

115FC win yet another title, amazing league, simply the best.

Honestly, it’s truly an honour to be told by the teams we’re trying to compete with that we can only spend what we earn, and that they also decide how we make those revenues. I wouldn’t have it any other way. They truly are our betters. How dare we try and sign a player from the country of our owners. Did we even contemplate for one moment how that would negatively affect them. We should pay them to take our best players!

Just now, duo said:

Very hollow - we have all seen the emails.  Only escaped a ban with UEFA because most of the evidence was time barred. But I don't trust the PL to do anything.

That's the things the entire world knows their guilty. They also pretty much ruined it for us with their need to exploit things so massively.

21 minutes ago, buzz said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9VDeLcrjY8d0LBdSiRTn

It's the only reason I really wanted City to win the title really. Not that I hate him that much, he's just too annoying with his relentlessly tight pants.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I normally hate Man City winning the title but fair play to the online Arsenal fans, they gave me a reason to prefer it.

Same. Said it on here countless times. But I have good mates and family who support them. Been to watch them plenty of times at the Emirates. In the away end and also the home end. 

Yet their fans and Arteta’s carry on….. Just made it impossible to want them to do it. 

So another soulless City title. Yay. 

Just now, pubteam said:

That's the things the entire world knows their guilty. They also pretty much ruined it for us with their need to exploit things so massively.

They have ruined it for everyone - got away with it for a decade and in that time they managed to build such an infrastructure they're now untouchable.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

Nah, fuck it. Part of me wishes we'd have the balls to stick our fingers up to the Premier League and UEFA and tell them to fuck themselves, they can't stop us being the club we want to be 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Nah, fuck it. Part of me wishes we'd have the balls to stick our fingers up to the Premier League and UEFA and tell them to fuck themselves, they can't stop us being the club we want to be 

City are one of the clubs stopping us spending - clubs like City now run the PL.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

City are one of the clubs stopping us spending - clubs like City now run the PL.

Once they get their punishment they'll be the club that will fight for scrapping FFP all together and it will be a win/win for us without having to spend any of our own money.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Once they get their punishment they'll be the club that will fight for scrapping FFP all together and it will be a win/win for us without having to spend any of our own money.

That's never happening though. Let's be real, they'll never face any actual punishment. It'll just be some daft fee like £500k and then they'll carry on as usual.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Pilko said:

The section of the City fans bothering to celebrate properly after that result could probably get home in a fleet of about four taxis. Absolutely shite support.

Same as our away ends thesedays

Be plenty of die hard city fans love to be in that away end no doubt

Edited by jack j

Whilst I do agree it’s not a good look for the league for a team to win 4 in a row, when the alternatives are Arsenal or Liverpool then there’s only one winner for me personally. 

In any other season I’d have liked Arsenal to have won it, but the way they went on after the game up here in November - fans, players and especially their manager - made it impossible for me tbh. 

Maybe if they didn’t celebrate a 0-0 at the Etihad when City were there for the taking things would have been different. 

Understand the sentiment of the 115 charges lingering over the league, but it wasn’t Man City’s fault Liverpool lost to Everton & Palace and Arsenal lost at home to Villa. Both teams had it in their hands at different points late in the season and ultimately fucked it. 

24 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Sky as much as you hype it up, it's still a hollow victory with 115 charges that continually get kicked down the road.

Which is why I much rather them win it over Arsenal or Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

That's never happening though. Let's be real, they'll never face any actual punishment. It'll just be some daft fee like £500k and then they'll carry on as usual.

This ^ - it's too much of an embarrassment for the PL and they'll want to protect their multi billion pound business. 

I’d have preferred Arsenal, in part as it would really motivate City in the cup final. 

I don’t think City have been as good to watch this year.

Posted (edited)

Arsenal manager. Bellend. Arsenal fans. Bellends

Liverpool manager. Bellend. Liverpool fans. Bellends

Up until Arsenal's diabolical reaction to losing to us, would have been happy to see them win. Didn't the club even put out a statement ffs [emoji38]

Edited by Turnbull2000

I used to like Arsenal until Arteta popped up. A gentlemanly club, now led by the most ungentlemanly of blokes