Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well he doesn’t mean to dive on the ball, from a couple of viewings anyway. The ball gets trapped accidentally. 

If it's at the other end, do you think Liverpool get a penalty?

Edited by Sean

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

If it's at the other end, so you think Liverpool get a penalty?

I haven’t a clue, I hope not. I’m just saying by the rules it’s not a pen. As far as I understand them, which admittedly isn’t very well. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I haven’t a clue, I hope not. I’m just saying by he rules it’s not a pen. As far as I understand them, which admittedly isn’t very well. 

I'm convinced they would get the penalty for it. At Anfield I'd be amazed if they didn't.

Edited by Sean

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's absolutely rubbish. It's basically Man City's league to lose every single year and only a Herculean effort is enough to result in something otherwise. Yeah I hate Liverpool and ManU but at least they're 'real.' Man City are just nothingness. Just this boring entity that keeps winning basically no matter what. 

At first it was fun because it was like ‘City win and therefore nobody is happy’.  Now it’s awful because ‘city win and therefore nobody is happy’.  It’s just empty. 

It’s empty because nobody cares about City and they still have a pretty small fanbase.  

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I haven’t a clue, I hope not. I’m just saying by he rules it’s not a pen. As far as I understand them, which admittedly isn’t very well. 

By which rule should that not be a penalty? Could even argue it’s deliberate.

Just now, Sean said:

I'm convinced they would get the penalty for it. 

Well maybe, but if they did it would be wrong. That’s not really relevant to whether it should be given. 

Penalty decisions are very random at the moment, I just don’t think this was one. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

By which rule should that not be a penalty? Could even argue it’s deliberate.

Looks to me like he just lunges with his leg for a challenge. The ball misses his leg and hits his arm, which is in a natural position and not attempting to make himself bigger. 

TBH nobody really knows the rules, including me, so it’s a hard debate to have. But that’s my understanding. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Enjoys Man City winning and doesn't think it's a handball :lol: Ian coming in like wrecking ball.

:lol:

Both correct views m8. 

If someone can show why it is a pen, using the rules, then please do. I would genuinely like to learn. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Looks to me like he just lunges with his leg for a challenge. The ball misses his leg and hits his arm, which is in a natural position and not attempting to make himself bigger. 

TBH nobody really knows the rules, including me, so it’s a hard debate to have. But that’s my understanding. 

Yeah, they've made the rules so complicated, and seemingly change them monthly, which allows them to give decisions whichever way they like, usually to the benefit of the traditional top 6.

I think  "if the arm or hand is away from the body, it will be considered to be making the body 'unnaturally bigger' and a handball will be given" is something to do with it. Hence Dan Burn conceding a penalty this season, despite not trying to make his body bigger. Same tonight, only they didn't want to penalise Liverpool is what I feel.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

At first it was fun because it was like ‘City win and therefore nobody is happy’.  Now it’s awful because ‘city win and therefore nobody is happy’.  It’s just empty. 

It’s empty because nobody cares about City and they still have a pretty small fanbase.  

Well, on the bright side: North London 2 The North 10. 

There has to be a degree of ambiguity or a 'grey area' in the rulebook. He attempts to block the ball and the ball hits his arm in an unnatural position, deliberate or not. 

Would have been a free kick without question, outside the box.

I've only seen that one reverse angle of the handball, but by my own personal, non legal interpretation of the rule, it wasn't a handball. I'm a ball to hand doesn't count guy, unless the silhouette is silly.

By the actual rules, I've got no real clue if it was or wasn't and it seems like that's the intention.

Edited by 80

28 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's absolutely rubbish. It's basically Man City's league to lose every single year and only a Herculean effort is enough to result in something otherwise. Yeah I hate Liverpool and ManU but at least they're 'real.' Man City are just nothingness. Just this boring entity that keeps winning basically no matter what. 

I much prefer that boring entity to win it over Arsenal though. When City wins the league, no one cares. If Arsenal were to do it, all their dickhead fans would be all over the place (especially over here in Sweden where they are one of the most supported clubs in the PL).

If situations like that aren't going to be given as handball (except of course when they are) then something like an indirect free kick needs to be awarded.

Imo that's a handball and pen, to get nothing because of some hhmmmm aahktually rule is just daft.

47 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:
49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why aren’t they real? 

I'm just being lazy with language there really; of course they are real. I just mean they mean absolutely nothing to me. I just see them as this superficial super-team, constructed mostly through external finance, with little resemblance to the club its beast chose to use as a host. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:lol:

Both correct views m8. 

If someone can show why it is a pen, using the rules, then please do. I would genuinely like to learn. 

He lunged for the ball with both feet off the ground. Genuine question : did that get penalised in any way ?

53 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm just being lazy with language there really; of course they are real. I just mean they mean absolutely nothing to me. I just see them as this superficial super-team, constructed mostly through external finance, with little resemblance to the club its beast chose to use as a host. 

My bosses boss is a HUGE City fan and to his credit he supported them from the 70's. He's English and a fantastic guy. I say that as an American working for an American company. He was pretty much downplaying Newcastle since the takeover. 

I was on a video conference and before it started  he called  me out. "Mike, you look rather Newcastley with the Shearer shirt, you might make the Champions League".

Liverpool have almost a fully fit squad and play 4 of their last 6 games at home. They'll be firm favourites in all 6 games and VAR is there if they need it. People are looking at their form so far but I'm not sure they've had a run of fixtures this kind all season, and if they did, it would've come with European games midweek. Some of the teams they are playing have nothing to play for now.

We need 4 wins and a draw from the last 7 to be out of sight. Every game is massive until we get to that.