Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Villa are finished for the year, I reckon they’ll be more insipid than Brentford by the time they rock up at Anfield.

Pity they didn't play Liverpool instead of us that day, the one time everything clicked all at once for them

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I didn't think that was the reason. 

Sounds like them and Celtic would be happy in a two-team league based in Dublin or something. I don't know, just seems off. 

The reasons given are valid like. If you don't think they're genuine and it's just a random act of attention seeking that's obv your conclusion to draw like.

But it's all in detail here:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-do-liverpool-fans-boo-the-england-national-anthem/brksai15y4cw1vmddj2fbc6vz

I think you can look at today with a positive slant tbh. We can all assume Liverpool are going to finish strongly and a win today was all but a given; but the narrow result means we're a step closer to us only needing six points instead of seven. If they'd stuck five or six past Brentford and Fulham then that would be keeping us very honest. But they've snuck through, really, and GD becomes more and more like an actual point. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I think you can look at today with a positive slant tbh. We can all assume Liverpool are going to finish strongly and a win today was all but a given; but the narrow result means we're a step closer to us only needing six points instead of seven. If they'd stuck five or six past Brentford and Fulham then that would be keeping us very honest. But they've snuck through, really, and GD becomes more and more like an actual point. 

Yes and I can’t see the goals drying up for us anytime soon! 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Correct. Been shitting my pants for weeks with their games, but the GD not being dented is a huge bonus. Sadly they have Leicester next week :lol: 

Saying that, we could have have an extra 4 points by then meaning we will only need to win 1 of Brighton, Leicester and Chelsea to confirm it.

Win tomorrow and we’ll coast it. Lose and we’ll still do it, it just might need go to the final day. For my sanity I hope not. 

Not being funny, but we're competing with the big boys now,l. As long as we handle the pressure we should be OK from here, we've got 2 games in hand and 3 more pts. If we can't handle the pressure then we don't deserve CL qualification.

4 draws and a win will be enough and that is more than achievable.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They need about 10-11 points to finish top 4 and they have 9 to play for. 

They’re now 3 points behind us so I have no idea how you’re coming to that conclusion

56 minutes ago, Sima said:

This post-match shite is nauseous.  Clear that they want Man Utd and Liverpool 3rd and 4th.  We don’t get mentioned at all.

Well that's just unfortunate for the massive bell ends, they'll have to shortly because we're nailed on.

Two wins and a draw, that's it. 

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Always said, Liverpool would win every game for their run in. We have always needed to do our part or see Manure slip. 

A lot of us always said that - I remember there being a 50 / 50 split on here.