Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's the small margins that make the difference over a season. Man U could finish 12th or grab 3rd spot again if they are relatively hard to beat and the officials are looking for chances to jump in on their behalf.

As has already been said, they along with Liverpool and Arsenal are a valued and revered brand for the PL. Do we really believe that doesn't factor into the equation when tight decisions decide football games?

I think it was blatantly obvious with Onana decision today, I'm only surprised they didn't get the pen for the handball from a point blank header when the Wolves player had his arms to his chest. 

The commentary is sickeningly bias also, however it was refreshing that they saw the Onana penalty as a stone waller and didn't try and defend the call.

It's only 1 game and much can change throughout a season as you say, but I'm quietly confident we'll be up around there come the end of season provided we keep our injuries down.

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We're normally incredible at home to be fair. 

Hard fought win tonight. Super tough without a striker, but that's the Glazers for you. 

Hard fought win :yao: ref gave it to you gift wrapped 

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Ridiculous VAR stuff aside, Man U are just really, really boring. 

They are the elite level of NUFC under Steve Bruce. He finished 11th, they could finish 11th. Or they could get another CL finish with some friendly refs.

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

Michael Salisbury = Corrupt Cunt

“Salisbury was the VAR official who failed to intervene and award Brighton a second-half penalty during last Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Tottenham.”

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Gary O'Neill seems to have something about him. I'm rooting for him. 

Incredible what he got out of this bunch already at such short notice.

Aye. Was thinking exactly the same earlier. Can't put my finger on it, but he just has an air of quiet authority about him - in a way that, say, Scott Parker/Lampard/Gerrard just don't have.

9 minutes ago, buzza said:

Watched the highlights and Manu seemed quite ordinary tbh. 

As for refs giving them decisions, we have had to put up with this since the early 90's... no change there!

Now refs have a new tool to make sure...

F3hSX0CWcAEzoYY?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I actually didn't think it was a penalty, both went for the ball and it seemed a normal collision for me.

collision  :yao:

Onana clatters him - as stone wall as it gets.

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Gary O'Neil confirms the officials have apologised and it should have been a penalty :lol:

Well why the fuck wasn't it at the time then? 

Honestly this is just their get out now and makes it even more galling. If they know it was now, they knew it was then, that's the whole fucking point in having VAR :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Gary O'Neil confirms the officials have apologised and it should have been a penalty :lol:

Well why the fuck wasn't it at the time then? 

Ref really need to be made accountable - there is no excuse for saying that now.  The whole point of VAR is to stop mistakes - pointless saying it after the game.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly this is just their get out now and makes it even more galling. If they know it was now, they knew it was then, that's the whole fucking point in having VAR :lol:

Aye what’s happened between then and now which has led them to this decision? Looked at it again have they?

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Aye what’s happened between then and now which has led them to this decision? Looked at it again have they?

Good to know they are starting as they mean to go on with gameweek 1 for Man Utd.

Howard Webb is in charge of VAR in this country for goodness sake, no one should ever be surprised, not if they ever saw him referee a Man Utd game back in his day.