Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Since the introduction of VAR we absolutely do not receive preferential treatment and it's been debunked many, many times.  Last night was just a poor decision, one of many that will happen this season for all sides. 

There's not just one example by the way. Andy Carroll's scissor tackle on Eriksen last season? Not even a yellow card and injured Eriksen for months. At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f311e759e3417fbe9239fc51b5138b7f.png

Martinez's "penalty" against Sociedad where the ball actually bounced up from his leg and hit his arm which was completely tucked in. VAR looked at it and kept the decision. At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9b225845200225b9d3116e7175fd34cf.png

What about this clearly intentional handball from Juanmi, which they scored from? At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d4855a4c35da04ee403f392ac0899a24.png

What about Casemiro's red for choking Will Hughes who was laughing and joking with him. Fair enough if you think that's a red, but what about Ayew who did the exact same thing to Fred in the exact same sequence? Also at Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.25f5ac66ceeff35c438593d07d3c6414.png

Casemiro was made an example of last season, but Lamela stamped on him and only got a yellow. Also at Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f92deb944246607da0c4e9bfab71b4a8.png

This is only last season. :lol: But people would have you believe that absolutely nothing goes against Man United at Old Trafford. People still hurt from the 90's like to think we have some sort of sway over referees which is utter nonsense. Everybody has decisions go for and against them. 

Awww! Bless!

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Are three of those not from Europe Froggy [emoji38]

Just five that came into my head at Old Trafford very recently. I can go back further if you like. :lol: So many examples for and against for both teams.

I could mention Wilson's non penalty against us, but I could mention Burn's clear handball against Chelsea etc. Seem to remember an extremely harsh pen against Spurs for you as well that earned you a draw, but that's maybe a couple of years back. 

Then of course you have the fact that Newcastle benefitted more from VAR last season than Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Spurs. But for some reason people don't like that one. :lol: For example if there was corruption why did they overturn Trippier's red against City? Why not just have another controversial decision to benefit the "big six" and keep on picking on little old Newcastle?

It's because it's all rubbish. There's no corruption. Refs are just shit.

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

As someone who despises Man Utd I can say with complete confidence that every contentious decision that goes their way is because of corruption and bias 

:lol: And this is fine. I'd be the exact same to be honest, but deep down I'd know there's no corruption. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

It's because it's all rubbish. There's no corruption. Refs are just shit.

I think we can all agree though that bigger teams, not just ManU, get decisions going their way playing home? Same at Anfield, Etihad, Emirates and OT... 

3 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I think we can all agree though that bigger teams, not just ManU, get decisions going their way playing home? Same at Anfield, Etihad, Emirates and OT... 

I think there's more of a spotlight on those decisions that's for sure. They're usually always televised, so more attention is brought to them.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Since the introduction of VAR we absolutely do not receive preferential treatment and it's been debunked many, many times.  Last night was just a poor decision, one of many that will happen this season for all sides. 

There's not just one example by the way. Andy Carroll's scissor tackle on Eriksen last season? Not even a yellow card and injured Eriksen for months. At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f311e759e3417fbe9239fc51b5138b7f.png

Martinez's "penalty" against Sociedad where the ball actually bounced up from his leg and hit his arm which was completely tucked in. VAR looked at it and kept the decision. At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9b225845200225b9d3116e7175fd34cf.png

What about this clearly intentional handball from Juanmi, which they scored from? At Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.d4855a4c35da04ee403f392ac0899a24.png

What about Casemiro's red for choking Will Hughes who was laughing and joking with him. Fair enough if you think that's a red, but what about Ayew who did the exact same thing to Fred in the exact same sequence? Also at Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.25f5ac66ceeff35c438593d07d3c6414.png

Casemiro was made an example of last season, but Lamela stamped on him and only got a yellow. Also at Old Trafford.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f92deb944246607da0c4e9bfab71b4a8.png

This is only last season. :lol: But people would have you believe that absolutely nothing goes against Man United at Old Trafford. People still hurt from the 90's like to think we have some sort of sway over referees which is utter nonsense. Everybody has decisions go for and against them. 

Thought this was all just a bit, but you've actually gone to the bother of pulling all these out. :lol: Marvellous. :lol: 

13 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

A very good number 8. Under Tuchel he was class.

Under Tuchel he rarely played 8. Or at least if he did he always had 2 of Kova, Kante or Jorginho behind him.  So more of a 10 than 8. Same thing for England.  Plays really far forward with holders and controllers behind him. Sure he pressed and does some good things. But he’s never impressed me like that. Off the ball he’s great both offensively and defensively. But on thr ball he’s a level below Maddison. 

Man you guys have no idea what referee corruption is [emoji38] Ask some of us who have teams in non top leagues.

The only top-5 or even western really league in Europe that has had true corrupted refereeing issues (to the point of robbing titles) is the serie a.

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone know what happens if it stays 2-2?

https://www.sportingnews.com/uk/football/news/champions-league-away-goals-rule-changed-what-happens-teams-tied/sc00ohid0siqyxvhrjq7i97p

Instead of away goals as a tiebreaker if teams are level on goals after 180 minutes (two legs of 90 minutes each), matches go into 30 minutes of extra time. And if that's not enough to decide a winner, the teams go to a penalty shootout to determine a victor.