Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 minutes ago, Menace said:

My comment wasn't regarding yesterday's performance, my comment was upgrading on Almiron was something that was needed. He's a very limited winger who's approaching 30. This is a football forum - it would be boring if we all had the same footballing opinion.

Depends entirely on what you mean by "needed".

Are we already too late in upgrading him?

Do we NEED to do it immediately in order to achieve X?

Do we NEED to do it some undefined time in the future?

It's very vague and open to interpretation. I think we've strengthened more pressing positions this season. Happy to have Almiron as first choice this season and would like to see at least younger competition for him next summer.

Based on last season he's one of the best wingers in the league in a group of players just below your Salah/Saka/Martinellis.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Fantastic, cheers. Next hour is sorted.

Be better once that spirit of the blues gadgie gets on. Nothing will ever beat the one after they chased Gordon out of Goodison. Gives the Raoul Moat saga a run for its money in terms of how invested I was in it. 

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's difficult to make out very much at all on teams on the basis of two very differing games at the start of the season.

You weren't as bad as you looked after we beat you at our place last year. We weren't as bad as we looked when shipping four at home to Leicester under Emery. 

Bad days happen, and you really need a decent sample of games to get a better idea.

Except for Everton, who look utterly hopeless in a continuation of last season.

They're uberfucked.

Yeah, I agree. 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's difficult to make out very much at all on teams on the basis of two very differing games at the start of the season.

You weren't as bad as you looked after we beat you at our place last year. We weren't as bad as we looked when shipping four at home to Leicester under Emery. 

Bad days happen, and you really need a decent sample of games to get a better idea.

Except for Everton, who look utterly hopeless in a continuation of last season.

They're uberfucked.

Sadly I think they’ll weasel their way out of it yet again, mainly because of how piss poor the bottom of the league is. Sheffield United haven’t even bothered to try and stay up. 

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Be better once that spirit of the blues gadgie gets on. Nothing will ever beat the one after they chased Gordon out of Goodison. Gives the Raoul Moat saga a run for its money in terms of how invested I was in it. 

Bit boring that one. Want more cartoon scouse fume.