Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The weird thing about Arteta is that I'm sure he was nothing like this as a player. 

Think he was the best player Everton ever had(in my lifetime anyway). Could argue Lukaku but Arteta was everything to Everton during that time. 

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Think he was the best player Everton ever had(in my lifetime anyway). Could argue Lukaku but Arteta was everything to Everton during that time. 

He was a very good player....should have been at a better team than Everton. Very similar to Merino in a lot of ways but did it better and longer than him. Never came across as the spoilt arse that he does now....too much time lurking around city getting g everything his own way?

He was definitely not like that as a player. Think he’s learned all these antics from Pep. The short press conferences, the talking in extremes, the way he jolts out of interviews the moment they’re over as if he has something extremely important to do and you’ve just wasted his time. 

36 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Missed this 😂

Just had a quick gander. Usually Scottish football that you hear these mental clubs names playing in the cups. 

Burntisland Shipyard, for eg

Weird. Reading that, they were the team that came to mind for me and only because of a random thing in the mid 90s, think their's was the only game on one day or something.  I've already forogtten that team that beat Aberdeen last year.

Edited by Jonas

12 minutes ago, Checko said:

70's footballer haircut Leighton Baines was quality. Lost some of his power when he went for the shorter trim.

Baines....so scouse you couldn't have even put in in Brookside without people you were taking the piss out of scousers.

Great player though and took a wicked free kick

34 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Good job you quantified that with “in my lifetime” as that’s a pewa radge comment.

21 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Weird. Reading that, they were the team that came to mind for me and only because of a random thing in the mid 90s, think their's was the only game on one day or something.  I've already forogtten that team that beat Aberdeen last year.

Gala Fairydean rings a bell but that might be rugby 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

Good job you quantified that with “in my lifetime” as that’s a pewa radge comment.

:lol: Had to. Was born in 90. Know Everton were winning things in the 80s and had players like Andy Gray and Tony Cottee but in my lifetime, they’ve been a middle of the road club. 

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

:lol: Had to. Was born in 90. Know Everton were winning things in the 80s and had players like Andy Gray and Tony Cottee but in my lifetime, they’ve been a middle of the road club. 

Rooney?

2 minutes ago, alexf said:

Rooney?

More of a Man U player than an Everton one. Also Arteta was the final piece of the jigsaw that saw Everton solidified as the fifth-sixth place team of that era. 

Edited by Astroblack

Just now, Paullow said:

Title showdown next Sunday @Ikon. Late equaliser today, but didn't really do much to the table apart from maybe a bit of momentum.

Aye. A draw is enough but it is gonna be tough. I genuinely don’t care at all tbh. Weirdly enough I’ve only ever supported one club in my life and it’s Newcastle. 
For my mates sake I hope they get it. 

57 minutes ago, midds said:

Southall

Stevens

Mountfield

Ratcliffe

van den Hauwe

Reid

Sheedy

Steven

McMahon

Gray

Sharp

They were fucking excellent tbh

Being mid 40’s now, the success of the mid 80’s Everton team is one of my earliest football memories. We’d play swarmball in the playground pretending we were the Everton title winning side 

Watched a documentary on them recently, which brought it all flooding back

Adrian Heath is one missing from your 11 who was also vital to them in that era  

Edited by bobbydazzla