Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 billion pound Chelsea losing to fucking Boro is a pretty damning indictment of that fat pig Boehly's tenure, like.

Fucking ridiculous.

£115 million for Enzo Fernandez [emoji38]

That mistake by Tripps man. Would love to have been involved in this again this season. Fair play to Boro, hope they get to the final anyway. Fuck Chelsea.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

£115 million for Enzo Fernandez [emoji38]

I still find this figure incredible every time i see it.

Benfica sign him in June 22 for approx £10m.

Chelsea then buy him in the Jan 23 window, a full, err, six months later, for £115m.

Honestly, what could possibly happen to a player in six months to make his price got up 10x?

Just fucking laughable.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not that it justifies the bump, but him winning the World Cup is what happened :lol:

That must make Emi Martinez worth about £3bn.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

I still find this figure incredible every time i see it.

Benfica sign him in June 22 for approx £10m.

Chelsea then buy him in the Jan 23 window, a full, err, six months later, for £115m.

Honestly, what could possibly happen to a player in six months to make his price got up 10x?

Just fucking laughable.

Players get so overrated due to some WC performances, it's crazy. Just finding a bit of form during a WC is enough. And from that Argentinian team they should've just gotten MacAllister instead.. Atleast he was proven PL quality, for just £40m in comparison. But Boehly just wants the priciest and most "exciting" new toy, like a spoilt child. He's rating players based on their price and current hype factor.

Edited by Erikse

Take this in the spirit it's meant brummie, but I've realised I feel the same way about you as I do Alan Partridge. One of my absolute favourites but I think I prefer the depressed version. 

Edit - hmm safety smiley required? I'm being bawdy Lynn, enjoy it. Sorry :lol:

Edited by Interpolic

8 minutes ago, brummie said:

That save in the final probably bumped him a canny bit. If he wasn't as much of a joker I reckon the top clubs would be looking at him.

6 hours ago, brummie said:

Sometimes managers do buy managers off the backs of WCs tbf.  Remember when Ron Atkinson was your manager and went to the USA WC as a pundit - he overpaid for a centre forward because of it.

Alright, John Fashanu was also there as a pundit rather than as a player, but you know, Big Ron liked him.  And Fashanu probably wasn’t in the room for the off-air commentary. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Sometimes managers do buy managers off the backs of WCs tbf.  Remember when Ron Atkinson was your manager and went to the USA WC as a pundit - he overpaid for a centre forward because of it.

Alright, John Fashanu was also there as a pundit rather than as a player, but you know, Big Ron liked him.  And Fashanu probably wasn’t in the room for the off-air commentary. 

I'm sure I remember a quote from Keegan years ago saying he bought Hottiger on the back of World Cup 94 when he was a pundit. Wouldn't be surprised if Albert was the same.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure I remember a quote from Keegan years ago saying he bought Hottiger on the back of World Cup 94 when he was a pundit. Wouldn't be surprised if Albert was the same.

He did, yeah.  They were at least playing in fairness - Atkinson paid over a million quid for a bloke he was sharing a studio with :) 

I think Enzo Fernandez is a fantastic player but he’s looked a £50m player at best so far at Chelsea. Their obsession with overpaying is hilarious and is a ticking time bomb. All the talk about Gallagher going is probably because they realise they’re utterly fucked down the line 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think Enzo Fernandez is a fantastic player but he’s looked a £50m player at best so far at Chelsea. Their obsession with overpaying is hilarious and is a ticking time bomb. All the talk about Gallagher going is probably because they realise they’re utterly fucked down the line 

Of all the TB signings, do any of them currently look like value for money? Palmer probably the only one. Suppose Sterling as well this season after being a disaster last.

Obviously most of them are very young and you can only properly judge them over longer period of time, but as the kids say round London way now, it’s not looking good brav.