Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

13 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

It's insane how many times when Liverpool are losing, if/when they get the equaliser they always score again straight afterwards

Klopp is a great manager TBF, just a shame he's a bone idle lazy cunt that can only keep it up for a few year

10 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Napoli haven't half regressed since Spalletti left

Unrecognisable, aren’t they? Only seen them in patches and then most the first half just there. 

Spaletti going to manage the national side has taken about 30-40% off the price for Osimhen and Krava. 

Rarely get to watch midweek matches that aren't us, away with work so was looking forward to catching a couple, so far has been the Everton game and this Arsenal game, jesus fucking Christ [emoji38]

25 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Still can’t believe we only got one point against Luton this season. 

Shipping four goals to them is quite shocking really., but it is what it is.

Napoli and Barcelona are both horrendous teams. Lewandowski and Osimhen both did very well with their only real chances to make it 1-1, but the overall quality of play is unbelievable for two sides that won major leagues last season.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

12 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Napoli and Barcelona are both horrendous teams. Lewandowski and Osimhen both did very well with their only real chances to make it 1-1, but the overall quality of play is unbelievable for two sides that won major leagues last season.

Spot on.

They’ll be a totally different beast at home in the league and we’re going through a tough spell to say the least. But from what I saw of that second half. Arsenal looked tepid as fuck and sloppy on the ball. 

Awful game from what I saw. 

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

Feel this year's Champions League knockout games so far have been incredibly dull and uninspiring

Scrapping away goals shows how little those who are in charge of the game understand it. Unbelievably stupid thing to do.

38 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Play-Offs and League Cup haven't had away goals for years and it's not made them worse?

I watch pretty much all of the play offs and most of them are... quite dull? Like the vast majority are instantly forgettable. And I'm probably misremembering all these classic LC semi finals but it's not something I particularly look forward to.

We had this same conversation 2 years ago anyway. The proof of the pudding is here and the competition hasn't been this dull for a very long time.

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Its just a shit draw, once we start seeing the big teams face each other it will be more exciting.

There's only like 2 or 3 good teams in the competition it feels like :lol:

14 minutes ago, midds said:

image.thumb.png.dd3f5b200c6f89ef418c3eaa0fae6864.png

Not too many classics so far, has to be said

No classics but 5/8 are still what I’d see as ‘live’ ties going into the 2nd leg. City, PSG and Real Madrid the exceptions.

MUCH prefer no away goals rule if watching a tie as a neutral and don't mind who wins. If a stronger team wins 1-0 at home, then scores early over there, the contest will feel over just as the second match begins, and I also like the prospect of pens, whereas it's much harder to get 2 identical results to force ET if the rule was still present.

Best change they've done IMO.

Edited by Paullow