Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

32 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He's a classy manager. Not a whining little fuckspittle like Arteta

Emery made us look dumb. He's an ass. And I love it everytime Howe batters him.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Merson saying that if Villa had won more games they'd be higher in the league. Really Paul, please do explain? :lol:

Why dont they bring in Michael also so they get some more insight.

He's been there since 2019. Spent £600 million+. Qualified the same amount of times as Eddie Howe for the Champions League (ok he will this season) and won an Fa cup in his first season. If Arsenal go and win the league this season fair play I'm wrong but if Emery had the level of support Arteta had it might well have been a different story. If Liverpool only win the cup this year it'll be seen as an underachievement. Arsenal fans got on Wenger's back towards the end for doing better than Arteta has.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

City are the last club to reach the top before they pushed the ladder away. Mainly lead by the Red 3 (and Spurs). Let clubs spend similar and we might get to a position where there's 8-9 with genuine credentials. The historic few and clubs who have ambition.

Until then, I hope Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal don't win another league title between them. 

If Man City winning every year will push through a change that will see other teams be able to compete aswell, then I agree, I'm all for it. But watching the league title be this predictable is quite boring I'd say. I hated Man Utd for the same reason, as mentioned.

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

It's a bit strange to wish for the same team to win every season because you want more variance. Don't you see the irony in that? I think this is mostly just about you disliking the fans of the red ones.

The point is that if the prizes are spread around it allows the myth that the structure allows fair competition to persist.

Citeh winning everything is more likely to focus attention on the inequality.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

If Man City winning every year will push through a change that will see other teams be able to compete aswell, then I agree, I'm all for it. But watching the league title be this predictable is quite boring I'd say. I hated Man Utd for the same reason, as mentioned.

To be fair, it's still a close title race. Ultimately City can only sign 25 players, Arsenal and Liverpool are currently able to take their pick of a lot of top players and spend a shitload to threaten it. 

Just a twat that ultimately no-one else other than Man Utd and Chelsea has this luxury. Until it's a fairer playing field and everyone can do the same, I hope they continue to fall short. 

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Stop it man.

My bad. Used to watching Bruno and I can't recall the last time he dropped a stinker as bad as Rice did today.

1 minute ago, nemtizz said:

My bad. Used to watching Bruno and I can't recall the last time he dropped a stinker as bad as Rice did today.

Rice has been class this season. Stop it.

He's also a different type of player to Bruno, playing a different role. His role is not to dictate play for Arsenal.

12 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

He's been there since 2019. Spent £600 million+. Qualified the same amount of times as Eddie Howe for the Champions League (ok he will this season) and won an Fa cup in his first season. If Arsenal go and win the league this season fair play I'm wrong but if Emery had the level of support Arteta had it might well have been a different story. If Liverpool only win the cup this year it'll be seen as an underachievement. Arsenal fans got on Wenger's back towards the end for doing better than Arteta has.

Has he not got a worse record than emery there?