Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably the worst example given the club's Catholic/Irish links. 

I'd say they're the best links to highlight when you dismissed those very same ones yesterday :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Just think it's shit booing it that's all. Stay silent during it even. Booing it though, nah not for me. 

That's fair enough, free country and all that. Only making the point that the reason for it happening is history not attention seeking really.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Dropped points for Brighton and we know that 7 points is enough before we go into our game with them. That obviously reduces to 4 points if we beats Leeds.

It could also mean that they might have to come out more as well, as dropping points may put their European chances into question, and they would need a win against us and may have to come out and attack us, which could play into our hands.

This game has nothing to do with us as far as I’m concerned it’s about getting rid of fcking Everton for good.

Brighton are one of three teams that can potentially catch us, I want them to drop as many points as possible.

While it would be funny seeing Everton get relegated they are irrelevant to us in the grand scheme of things.

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

This game has nothing to do with us as far as I’m concerned it’s about getting rid of fcking Everton for good.

I’m not saying that I want Everton to win, I’m just saying if they do win then it could be a positive for us.

Be interesting to see what we do with our press when we play Brighton. They’re unreal with their build up and can easily cut you apart from back to front. They always have options and can pass round any players pressing high. 

But then watching this. Everton are getting joy winning it back high when they actually commit bodies forward. They have had a couple of openings from doing so. 

Risk/reward. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There are no easy games against sides down at the bottom at this stage of the season.

Those teams are bottom for a reason. I imagine if you look at the history of top 6 sides playing bottom 6 sides in the last 5 games or so, the teams in the top 6 win the majority.

Obviously you get freak run-ins that go against the grain like Wigan under Martinez and Sunderland, but the majority will go to form. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Does a Brighton loss make it less than 7 pionts needed for us in any way?

It means Brighton can get a maximum of 70 points, Liverpool can get a maximum of 71.

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Brighton realistically were never gonna be a problem as they have Man City and arsenal to play and look tired now to be honest.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Nope. The seven points are to beat Liverpool, assuming they win their remaining (very winnable) games. Brighton is less of a problem given that they have to play us, Arsenal and Man City still. But if they win everything, they can get 73 points.