Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Said it last season but Vieira has done a good job in terms of changing the style of play at Palace, but the praise he gets is OTT. You'd think he's turned them from bottom 3 to top 8 the way a lot of people go on. Ultimately they're not much further forward than they were with Hodgson.

Not saying he can't progress them further but think what he's done so far is exaggerated.

Surely no manager could be that good...

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

Said it last season but Vieira has done a good job in terms of changing the style of play at Palace, but the praise he gets is OTT. You'd think he's turned them from bottom 3 to top 8 the way a lot of people go on. Ultimately they're not much further forward than they were with Hodgson.

Not saying he can't progress them further but think what he's done so far is exaggerated.

And this is my question. Why has it been exaggerated? 

4 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

And this is my question. Why has it been exaggerated? 

I think it stems from them being odds on to go down and the extent of squad repair job that was required when he first arrived, and them never looking anything like relegation candidates since. 

54 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

He basically willed it into existence the stupid cunt. He was fucking average for City last year, when he even played. The absolute last person who should have been making fun of anyone, let alone a much-loved player giving his all for us every week, when he did fuck all except collect a title winner medal after contributing so little. Grealish is an abomination of a bloke like, in all aspects, personality, ability, utter creep and not even worth half what they paid for him.

Absolutely spot on

Has Vieira's work so far even been overrated? Maybe I don't keep up with analysis enough but I feel like I read double the amount of people saying he's overrated on this forum alone than I hear elsewhere that he's doing some fantastic job.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think it stems from them being odds on to go down and the extent of squad repair job that was required when he first arrived, and them never looking anything like relegation candidates since. 

Previous two Palace seasons they had 43 and 44 points respectively. Vieira got them 48. Fantastic. I think he did an admirable job and I have a massive amount of respect for way he handled that Everton fan last game of the season. I just feel like he got a bit of leeway when things weren’t so rosy. Could be because he’s a Premier League legend or for other reasons. We’ll see in the next coming weeks as Palace have been underperforming. I don’t think anyone will be calling for his head though and rightly so. Palace to me are where they should be. 

i do think there’s a bit of an underlying bias of people wanting him to do well like when everyone wanted Obama to be president. To bring change and so on. 

he gets far more exposure than Eddie Howe. I remember countless talksport videos about how good of a job he was doing. Countless. 

Edited by Astroblack