Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Don't get it either. Full stadium, fans and players celebrating a beautiful stoppage time winner by one of the best players in footballs history making his debut for their club. Doesn't get much better than that surely? :lol:

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

It’s the commentary, music and Spanish stadium announcing(if it’s a welcome for Messi, fine, if not, prefer not to speak) for me…

Its Miami it has a very high volume of Spanish speakers. Surely that's a good thing? ???

Edited by 54

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Its Miami it has a very high volume of Spanish speakers. Surely that's a good thing? ???

But English is the primary language in the United States. On principal alone I think that’s a legitimate reason. But as you persist. 

Miami Heat use English speaking stadium announcers. Whatever Miami’s NFL team use English speaking stadium announcers. Same goes for their baseball team, The Miami Marlins. 

Miami’s Spanish speaking contingent come from Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Dominican Republic. Countries/whatever Puerto Rico is where baseball is the primary sport. So why does the baseball team use English directions and the football team doesn’t? 

Feels icky and shoehorned and I am not for it. 

Edited by Astroblack

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

But English is the primary language in the United States. On principal alone I think that’s a legitimate reason. But you’d want facts so here are some. 

Miami Heat use English speaking stadium announcers. Whatever Miami’s NFL team use English speaking stadium announcers. Same goes for their baseball team, The Miami Marlins. 

Miami’s Spanish speaking contingent comes from Puerto Rico, Cuba, and Dominican Republic. Countries where baseball is the primary sport.

Feels icky and shoehorned and I am not for it. 

As of the 2020 US census 1.9 million or 72.25% of Miami's population where Hispanic or Latino.

Just because other clubs in the area don't do it, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing, Inter Miami may have a majority hispanic fan base, and they're just being inclusive, I'm not sure what's wrong with that?

Just now, 54 said:

As of the 2020 US census 1.9 million or 72.25% of Miami's population where Hispanic or Latino.

Just because other clubs in the area don't do it, it doesn't mean it's a bad thing, Inter Miami may have a majority hispanic fan base, and they're just being inclusive, I'm not sure what's wrong with that?

If 72% of the population is Spanish shouldn’t that cover all the sports in the region? Especially baseball. 

Sounds like a PR spin to me. 

4 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

If 72% of the population is Spanish shouldn’t that cover all the sports in the region? Especially baseball. 

Sounds like a PR spin to me. 

The US census is PR spin? :lol: