Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

The mistake was bad enough but how far out of position was he ? TBF I've just seen the clip and not the full incident but it seems crazy the position he was in.

It's standard. He thinks he's some marauding full back. He's constantly caught out of position and doesn't have the pace to recover. 

I feel sorry for him at this point though. He did improve us when he came in. His confidence must be shot to pieces though. Was a bit disgusted at those plastic Irish fans booing him yesterday.

Watching the half time analysis during Liverpool Darmstadt on LFC TV, and Mark Lawrenson is on. :anguish:

He looks 400 years old

He is unbearable. Like he was always unbearable, but age has not softened him. He's being paid to report on a friendly and he spent the entire time saying "well i dont know why we even play these games" :lol:

The other two fellas talking about the goal they conceded and how Liverpool will always play a very high line with a sweeper keeper, and that the midfield/attack have to press more. Lawro immediately jumps in and tell them the defenders have to drop back and cover, completely contradicting everything the others have said (and how Liverpool choose to play).

Just flicked Soccer Special on and the first words out of Merse's mouth (they're talking about the situation at Wolves)

"...you don't want to bring someone in from abroad, you want Gary O'Neil, he's been in the league recently and will know the players. Someone from abroad takes 6 months to work it out and by then you're relegated"

Spectacular insight and punditry as per

Just now, Pilko said:

Just flicked Soccer Special on and the first words out of Merse's mouth (they're talking about the situation at Wolves)

"...you don't want to bring someone in from abroad, you want Gary O'Neil, he's been in the league recently and will know the players. Someone from abroad takes 6 months to work it out and by then you're relegated"

Spectacular insight and punditry as per

Knows the stadium..

10 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I think he said "he'll know the players, he won't have worked with them but he'll know them and the league" :lol:

Knows the league, the players, the stadium. They know everything. Should give the job to Allardyce. 

Edited by nufc123

12 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I think he said "he'll know the players, he won't have worked with them but he'll know them and the league" :lol:

:lol: Now just expanding from 'knows the club' to 'knows the league'. Love it. As if one of them durty forriners can't keep track of the Premier League in their own time.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's honestly damning on Sky that the most insightful pundit here is Robert Earnshaw. :lol: 

Could still eat an apple through a letterbox mind you. You'd think with his career earnings the first thing he'd do is have those railings properly sorted out.

I don't mind Jobi McAnuff so much from this lineup. Merse, Mackie and Hendrie are absolutely thick as fuck and painful to listen to.