Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

17 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Aye what’s happened between then and now which has led them to this decision? Looked at it again have they?

Game is over - decision needs investigating.  If it's not corruption it is just plain incompetence.  Either should mean he doesn't ref another Premier League game.

Edited by duo

The ‘clear and obvious’ error thing has to be removed. 

Any decision that is clearly wrong is a clear and obvious error. So if the people watching the replay think it’s a penalty then they should be instructed to give it, I wouldn’t even bother going back to the on-field ref. 

None of that really explains this absolute disaster like, but the influence on the on-field decision seems to open the door for these situations. They can say “it’s understandable he didn’t give it” and avoid the decision. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, duo said:

VAR just needs scrapping.  Doesn't work.

It’s such a relief watching football that doesn’t have VAR. Went to the first Gateshead game the other week and it’s amazing to just know if something is offside or not, or if something is a goal or not. 

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The problem is not VAR. The problem is those who run VAR. As long as the big six run things like a mafia the league will stay corrupt as fuck.

That isn't going to change. They have to protect their income stream.

9 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

I would like to say that it's unbelievable that it wasn't given as a pen, but this kind of shite has been going on for 30 years at Old Trafford. It's nothing new.

Ryan Fraser being cleaned out by Ederson in our match with Man City in Dec 2021, and Schar being almost decapitated by Whiny Bruno when we beat Manu just two recent examples of “it’s not a foul if violence occurs against attackers in the box if the ball is out of control”.  VAR didn’t even look at those I don’t think, definitely not for the Schar one. 

Edited by Emotic

59 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

First 2 minutes, says PGMOL's Jonathan Moss has apologised. Michael Salisbury was on VAR - same ref who was VAR for Spurs v Brighton disgraceful performance last season. Guy needs sacking 

Not a fan of Wolves but hope O'Neil does well. Sound guy.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Gary O'Neil confirms the officials have apologised and it should have been a penalty :lol:

Well why the fuck wasn't it at the time then? 

Same thing that happened last season and will continue indefinitely. Blatant corrupt mistake, apology, swept under the rug.

According to Neville and Carragher we’re streets ahead of Chelsea and Man Utd but they’ve predicted we’re finishing below them both. 

Having said that these early predictions are a load of shite and I love that we’re still being overlooked once again. 

3 hours ago, simonsays said:

Nah, hes still good.  Will be fine if they get another midfielder who can actually defend to olay alongside him.  The Mount signing for them still baffles me

That's why I'm still not convinced by Ten Hag. 

Some of the signings he pushed for like Lisandro Martinez and Casemiro made sense, but he dropped a huge sum on Antony, and pushed for Eriksen/Mount despite them already having Fernandes. 

Now they're discussing Sofyan Amrabat meaning one of Bruno/Mount/Garnacho/Antony has to sit out alongside Sancho.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Casimero was always going to be a short term signing at that age. Fabulous player for them last season, but probably a liability the longer this one goes on. He looked like he was fading at the end of the last campaign as well tbh.

Yeah, great if its a 2/3-year-deal. He's got a deal on huge money until 2026.

This clear and obvious thing is just a get out clause for the 'corrupt 6'

Newcastlea pen against arsenal looked like a clear and obvious handball until they got Columbo, miss Marple and Vera to investigate it. Absolutely the right decision in the end but the approach especially both being live games was somewhat different. Especially considering the man utd game was deep in injury time when it impacts the result 100%

7 hours ago, simonsays said:

Nah, hes still good.  Will be fine if they get another midfielder who can actually defend to olay alongside him.  The Mount signing for them still baffles me

They are not dropping Bruno, and Mount was not bought to be on the bench for 65 million. That midfield 3 does not seem to work. Early days and all that

4 hours ago, nemtizz said:

According to Neville and Carragher we’re streets ahead of Chelsea and Man Utd but they’ve predicted we’re finishing below them both. 

Having said that these early predictions are a load of shite and I love that we’re still being overlooked once again. 

I'm still angry about it, it was just so lazy, punditry at its worst, Carragher said his 'one to watch" this season was the Bournemouth manager !! I mean fuckin hell, one of the other Megaminds said the Man Utd keeper ffs. 

Us Brighton and Villa we're just ignored, I was hoping this could be the season a few of the top six we're replaced (at least temporarily for a season or two) but after watching last night's penalty decision maybe that's harder than I think 

NINTCHDBPICT000547931942.thumb.jpg.f9d69f9f85c82664a781735aff143737.jpg

Reminded me of this at Old Trafford when Calvert-Lewin elbowed De Gea in the face as a cross came in. Everton scored. VAR awarded the goal. 

Obviously doesn't fit the corruption narrative that very silly people go on about, but it just shows the incompetence of the refs. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Reminded me of this at Old Trafford when Calvert-Lewin elbowed De Gea in the face as a cross came in. Everton scored. VAR awarded the goal. 

Obviously doesn't fit the corruption narrative that very silly people go on about, but it just shows the incompetence of the refs. 

That is a foul, same when Wolves scored against us few seasons ago when Boly elbowed Dubravka

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

At the same time you’re using one example to argue the case that you don’t on balance get favourable treatment from referees. It’s been going on for years, particularly at Old Trafford. Same for Liverpool in recent seasons.

It reminded me of when Ederson cleaned out Fraser and nothing was given. 

It’s just not a “normal” contact. The keeper is nowhere near the ball and takes a player out. There’s no separate rule or consideration for a keeper. Imagine a centre half missing the ball by that distance and cleaning out a centre forward. Instant yellow card. 

50 minutes ago, Vedder said:

At the same time you’re using one example to argue the case that you don’t on balance get favourable treatment from referees. It’s been going on for years, particularly at Old Trafford. Same for Liverpool in recent seasons.

Since the introduction of VAR we absolutely do not receive preferential treatment and it's been debunked many, many times.  Last night was just a poor decision, one of many that will happen this season for all sides. 

There's not just one example by the way. Andy Carroll's scissor tackle on Eriksen last season? Not even a yellow card and injured Eriksen for months. At Old Trafford.

image.thumb.png.f311e759e3417fbe9239fc51b5138b7f.png

Martinez's "penalty" against Sociedad where the ball actually bounced up from his leg and hit his arm which was completely tucked in. VAR looked at it and kept the decision. At Old Trafford.

image.png.9b225845200225b9d3116e7175fd34cf.png

What about this clearly intentional handball from Juanmi, which they scored from? At Old Trafford.

image.thumb.png.d4855a4c35da04ee403f392ac0899a24.png

What about Casemiro's red for choking Will Hughes who was laughing and joking with him. Fair enough if you think that's a red, but what about Ayew who did the exact same thing to Fred in the exact same sequence? Also at Old Trafford.

image.thumb.png.25f5ac66ceeff35c438593d07d3c6414.png

Casemiro was made an example of last season, but Lamela stamped on him and only got a yellow. Also at Old Trafford.

image.thumb.png.f92deb944246607da0c4e9bfab71b4a8.png

This is only last season. :lol: But people would have you believe that absolutely nothing goes against Man United at Old Trafford. People still hurt from the 90's like to think we have some sort of sway over referees which is utter nonsense. Everybody has decisions go for and against them.