Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, Viana said:

Brighton in for a long old season I think.

They've got more games to play and teams will have sussed what stifles them at home - a deep defensive line, and trying to isolate your strongest and their weakest in one on one battles like that Antonio goal. The latter is basically how we battered them 4-1 last season. 

They'll play better than this this season, but the media love-in as they beat Luton and Wolves was ridiculous like.

Maybe the odd Brighton lovers will take notice of this. A proper fucking beat down. 

Bowen as our right wide forward would be epic. Quite like Antonio, more so after listening to him and Cal on their pod 

Many have been overhyping Brighton. I'm guessing top 10, but don't think they will do top 6 again at all. If people are downplaying us due to Europe, they shouldn't overhype Brighton with that squad playing in Europe.

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

I don't think all teams can counter attack as well as West Ham do. They also have good defensive discipline.

No that's fair, but that could be the path to a 1-0 win for a lesser side. 

My point is more, everyone was willing to hail De Zerbi as the next elite coach, but in reality, this season was going to present a lot of new challenges that he hasn't faced before. That's why I wanted to see what, if any, tweaks he'd make to his system to make it more robust tactically. 

It would appear he's just running it back, which may well work against the bottom bunch who lack quality, but West Ham have that quality and they've shown a lot of teams how to approach a trip to Brighton. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Maybe the odd Brighton lovers will take notice of this. A proper fucking beat down. 

Bowen as our right wide forward would be epic. Quite like Antonio, more so after listening to him and Cal on their pod 

Why are people who like Brighton odd?

1 minute ago, Viana said:

No that's fair, but that could be the path to a 1-0 win for a lesser side. 

My point is more, everyone was willing to hail De Zerbi as the next elite coach, but in reality, this season was going to present a lot of new challenges that he hasn't faced before. That's why I wanted to see what, if any, tweaks he'd make to his system to make it more robust tactically. 

It would appear he's just running it back, which may well work against the bottom bunch who lack quality, but West Ham have that quality and they've shown a lot of teams how to approach a trip to Brighton. 

Just one game man.

Moyes is good at this sort of rigid setup to stifle teams, and has some really good defensive players.

Brighton will still have their way with lots of teams.

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Brighton are a very good team, regardless of this result.

The thing about Brighton is they punch well above their weight for a club of their size and finance. They're also really fun to watch. De Zerbi might be getting a bit too much hype at the moment, but he's still done a cracking job to date.