Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

PGMOL say the Diaz goal should have stood. Fuck right off. I hate Liverpool but that is scandalous. 

Aye VAR needs scrapping the system is great the humans are shit.

Boo hoo everyone hates us, it's a conspiracy when things happen to us that happen to other clubs three times as much.

I am having no truck whatsoever with the 'bin dipper' line of criticism, but fuck me, Liverpool at times are unbelievable.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Sky talking absolute shite about a blatant red card 

I thought it was like the Chelsea one. I’d have given him a yellow and a final warning. Could see both. Like you said at the time, it looked like he was kinda doing that thing where you step over the ball to shield it, and Bissouma was too quick.

And that’s the thing. He was too quick. And if you do that sort of tackle, and if you’re late, it (a) looks horrible on the replay and (b) is dangerous play. It could so easily have completely fucked Bissouma.

And the other thing is, it’s not a coincidence that they keep getting reds. They play this way - little cynical fouls, leaving a boot in, being a bit reckless. I’ve seen McAllister make a couple of really questionable tackles, and Robertson genuinely seems a nasty piece of work. It’s just that they got away with it most of the time…and today they didn’t. Goes around comes around. It’s just taken ages to come around.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

They are incredibly bad at their jobs. Every game the officials are embarrassingly bad. Something like this was inevitable.

Aye. Always said this when they pushed the "Respect the ref" stuff - they are so consistently incompetently bad that they fully deserve all the shit they get from fans, managers and players.

Just now, leffe186 said:

I thought it was like the Chelsea one. I’d have given him a yellow and a final warning. Could see both. Like you said at the time, it looked like he was kinda doing that thing where you step over the ball to shield it, and Bissouma was too quick.

And that’s the thing. He was too quick. And if you do that sort of tackle, and if you’re late, it (a) looks horrible on the replay and (b) is dangerous play. It could so easily have completely fucked Bissouma.

And the other thing is, it’s not a coincidence that they keep getting reds. They play this way - little cynical fouls, leaving a boot in, being a bit reckless. I’ve seen McAllister make a couple of really questionable tackles, and Robertson genuinely seems a nasty piece of work. It’s just that they got away with it most of the time…and today they didn’t. Goes around comes around. It’s just taken ages to come around.

The Chelsea one was crazy imo, this for me was a red. An accident, unintentional, but he misses what he tries to do and because of that it's dangerous.

It's weird because I don't think they've been that dirty this season, but they (Fabinho and Roberston in particular) were last season and massively got away with it. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but these red cards have been in the post with Liverpool.