Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

11 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

No idea how you could possibly think that mate, they were good today for sure, although City honestly where the worst I've seen them in years, but Man U have been fucking awful this season, can't think of any logical reason to suggest they "deserved" it more than we did. 

This is not bitterness, this could end up being a blessing for us to bigger things, just don't understand how you could possibly make that statement. So many games this season they've been utterly dreadful, we've been poor defensively in many games no doubt, can never question our heart or desire though, or our tactical structure or what the manager is trying to do, them the on the hand, there a fucking embarrassment of a club from top to bottom. 

They beat Newcastle quite comfortably two weeks ago for a start.

They ground results out in big games. They beat and drew with Liverpool twice, they beat Man City, did the double over Villa.

They were definitely fortunate in a fair few games, but I wouldn't back Newcastle against them next week on a neutral ground if there was a playoff game for Europe.

10 minutes ago, Beren said:

They beat Newcastle quite comfortably two weeks ago

:dowie:

Jammy fucking cunts and Man City can fuck off for being on the beach already.

Today was depressing. Gutted that we’ll not be playing in Europe next season but also that reminder of what a closed shop the trophy winners club is. United have been awful in the last couple of years but have still managed to add two trophies. Meanwhile, our wait goes on…

2 minutes ago, PhilT said:

Today was depressing. Gutted that we’ll not be playing in Europe next season but also that reminder of what a closed shop the trophy winners club is. United have been awful in the last couple of years but have still managed to add two trophies. Meanwhile, our wait goes on…

And they beat us to do so.  They beat Liverpool and City to do so. 

we’ve not beat a ‘big side’ in a QF/SF/F in my lifetime and it shows.  

Man U showing up when it matters for a cup is on brand. Relatively mediocre Liverpool sides of yesteryear did the same. Same with Arsenal. 

49 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

In all fairness they played well today and also knocked Liverpool out in the semis

Didn’t Cov nearly beat them in the Semi’s if it wasn’t for a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside?

It's more than a bit depressing in one way, but it is also an indicator in differing mindsets.

Even though we've finished way above them in the league, and had a good season, they've been absolutely fucking shit all season, but they've still managed somehow to win an FA Cup - a thing we haven't done since 1957, which for their fans is utterly routine, almost underwhelming, but for us would mean absolutely tons.

It's deeply, deeply annoying.

1 hour ago, Pata said:

:dowie:

Jammy fucking cunts and Man City can fuck off for being on the beach already.

You can’t blame others for us not getting the job done - they’re excuses not reasons. Fact is we dropped a lot of points this season that would have got us over the line.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

You can’t blame others for us not getting the job done - they’re excuses not reasons. Fact is we dropped a lot of points this season that would have got us over the line.

I’m not blaming anyone else but I don’t think Man Utd beat us comfortably. Perfect time to face Man City too, just jammy cunts like I said before.

Been to rangers v celtic at hampden today

The atmosphere compared to the cup final a went to following us last year was different level tbf

Pretty much a 50 50 split  hardly any corporate

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Beren said:

They beat Newcastle quite comfortably two weeks ago for a start.

They ground results out in big games. They beat and drew with Liverpool twice, they beat Man City, did the double over Villa.

They were definitely fortunate in a fair few games, but I wouldn't back Newcastle against them next week on a neutral ground if there was a playoff game for Europe.

Guess we just see things very differently, not sure how you could think they beat us comfortably either, I'm not a stats guy but think literally every stat from that game would suggest differently. 

All gud, we all have our own opinions, hope they enjoy the conference league whilst we crush the Premier league ? 

Edited by mondonewc

4 minutes ago, astraguy said:

is it true Wembley wasn't sold out or tickets went back?

I had Club Wembley ticket and it didn't sell through their portal, 10 pages of tickets didn't sell 

1 hour ago, jackyboy said:

In all fairness they played well today and also knocked Liverpool out in the semis

Agree, we aren't doing ourselves any favours by keep calling them shite or jammy. They've been poor by their standards, but they have stepped up in a few big games as well.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree, we aren't doing ourselves any favours by keep calling them shite or jammy. They've been poor by their standards, but they have stepped up in a few big games as well.

They were jammy though. They should have been out against Coventry, they got gifted their opening goal today, and those chances Man City had in the 2nd half, any other game and most if not all of them go in.

29 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They were jammy though. They should have been out against Coventry, they got gifted their opening goal today, and those chances Man City had in the 2nd half, any other game and most if not all of them go in.

Maybe I just get premonitions then. I had a bad feeling when we played them despite everyone calling them shite. When everyone was saying they would be deflated after announcing their manager was getting canned before the cup final, had a bad feeling about that as well.

Anyway, I can't be arsed dwelling on their luck, after a season you end up where you end up.

Will be interesting to see what the Man Utd hierarchy do next. Personally think ETH has done a very good job under the circumstances (signings aside which most seemed massively flawed in their logic and price) as the club has been a bit of a circus.

If he can blend their youth teams (apparently doing very well) and the quartet of starlets in the current first team with a smattering of his better more experienced players I think he’s the right guy to stick with as clearly no mug.

Man Utd’s only problem is their impatience. They’ve always been better than they get credit for. Same as Chelsea. Just because you dislike a club it should never cloud your judgement over their teams ability. It’s going to be another hell of a battle for those top six spaces next season.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

It's more than a bit depressing in one way, but it is also an indicator in differing mindsets.

Even though we've finished way above them in the league, and had a good season, they've been absolutely fucking shit all season, but they've still managed somehow to win an FA Cup - a thing we haven't done since 1957, which for their fans is utterly routine, almost underwhelming, but for us would mean absolutely tons.

It's deeply, deeply annoying.

It's infuriating. The majority of their fan base will have forgotten it within an hour.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Will be interesting to see what the Man Utd hierarchy do next. Personally think ETH has done a very good job under the circumstances (signings aside which most seemed massively flawed in their logic and price) as the club has been a bit of a circus.

If he can blend their youth teams (apparently doing very well) and the quartet of starlets in the current first team with a smattering of his better more experienced players I think he’s the right guy to stick with as clearly no mug.

Man Utd’s only problem is their impatience. They’ve always been better than they get credit for. Same as Chelsea. Just because you dislike a club it should never cloud your judgement over their teams ability. It’s going to be another hell of a battle for those top six spaces next season.

I don't think so. They still don't have a style of play and it's been two years. All of his signing were shite. 90 mil Antony didn't even touch the field today, 65 mil on Mount, Onana, the list goes on. They finished 8th behind us and we had more injuries than they did. Their Champions League performances were embarrassing and a reason why we won't be in the Conference next year. Least we gave the CL everything we had, they finished bottom and lost to Copenhagen. We finished on 5 points, they finished on four. They were shite throughout the season and just won a couple games when they realized the club they were representing. I don't think ETH had anything to do with it. I think "football heritage" played a part. 

14 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a short Underground trip back home for most of them, so they should. 

I stand to be corrected on this, but I think actually it’s the Underground and then Overground to the Home Counties. Not many Man U shirts in London tbh. If you’re a glory-hunter you’re Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.

It’s definitely a mentality thing. Man United have been pretty shit for two seasons in probably 75% of their games - consistently getting battered for 90 minutes but able to get to 3 finals and win 2 trophies. 

Fair play to them. They deserved to win yesterday, but they’re still cunts. 

10 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I don't think so. They still don't have a style of play and it's been two years. All of his signing were shite. 90 mil Antony didn't even touch the field today, 65 mil on Mount, Onana, the list goes on. They finished 8th behind us and we had more injuries than they did. Their Champions League performances were embarrassing and a reason why we won't be in the Conference next year. Least we gave the CL everything we had, they finished bottom and lost to Copenhagen. We finished on 5 points, they finished on four. They were shite throughout the season and just won a couple games when they realized the club they were representing. I don't think ETH had anything to do with it. I think "football heritage" played a part. 

Yet he’s got them into CL and Europe in two back to back seasons whilst winning two trophies. All of this whilst his team could improve a lot more in the league. Getting into finals and winning them are two totally different skill sets and getting the job done is something Howe hasn’t mastered yet (nor has Poche thinking about it) but ETH clearly has.

Not saying he should stay I’m just saying his time there has been weird and there’s two ways to spin it. I work with two Man U fans who actually go to the games so it’ll be interesting to see what they say on Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I stand to be corrected on this, but I think actually it’s the Underground and then Overground to the Home Counties. Not many Man U shirts in London tbh. If you’re a glory-hunter you’re Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.

Agree on this after living there for 17 years. Never thought about it but no I can’t think of any Man U I knew down there. A few West Ham fans, shit loads of spurs, hell even three QPR fans and a lot of Arsenal but can’t think of any Man U off the top of my head.