Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

15 minutes ago, MagMal said:

A showboat who isn't going to get the time he had previously now he is in the prem, I think his performances will start to drop off more and more and Man U will flog him at a big loss in a year and a half.

Like Sancho, they'll be stuck with the dud for a few years yet until the players themselves realise they'd rather play than sit on the massive salaries they're getting.

On both cases, I'd bet neither will be starting next season for Manure

I don’t fully understand why Sancho has been mega axed like he did a Greenwood but Ten Bags has hung his reputation on Antony so he’s going to a more than fair crack of the whip. Suspect like a few he’ll be a lot better next season once he’s adapted a bit and has a proper preseason under him albeit still wildly overpaid albeit for Man Utd it doesn’t matter at all hence why they can just freeze Sancho out.

(cheeky loan for Sancho in the summer?)

3 hours ago, Disco said:

I don’t fully understand why Sancho has been mega axed like he did a Greenwood but Ten Bags has hung his reputation on Antony so he’s going to a more than fair crack of the whip. Suspect like a few he’ll be a lot better next season once he’s adapted a bit and has a proper preseason under him albeit still wildly overpaid albeit for Man Utd it doesn’t matter at all hence why they can just freeze Sancho out.

I like Sancho but he was hugely inflated by the bundi tax. I’m just not sure he can’t cut it at this level, not a top four guy. Seems frightened now he has no space. Could be wrong but if see bust in his future

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He just showed him onto his wrong foot every single time when we played them at Old Trafford and completely neutralised him. 

This just isn't true. He got by Burn plenty in that game. Joelinton was having to double up to help him. :lol: we had the most success down that side. 

Antony's end product that day was dreadful. 

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Sancho was fat and depressed by the sounds of it. I'm a big fan of how ETH has handled it. Sancho looks really lean in training and I'm excited to have him back. 

He's badly needed as an option on the right side. 

4 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

I like Sancho but he was hugely inflated by the bundi tax. I’m just not sure he can’t cut it at this level, not a top four guy. Seems frightened now he has no space. Could be wrong but if see bust in his future

I disagree. He has genuine ability. Real class.  Top 4 class. It’s just, can he put it together consistently? He’s a bit languid and passive. And needs team mates on a certain wave length that was never going to happen under Ralph. 

Saying that.  I always preferred Saka. Even when Sancho was regarded as the bigger talent. I loved Saka’s application and mindset.  Always getting on the ball, attacking his man time and again. 

Two pretty strong teams in the Brighton vs Liverpool match, which is good to see generally. The keeper situation is strange - Liverpool have gone for Alisson, whereas Brighton have opted for Steele. I can half understand teams giving their back up a go in the cups, especially when not in the latter stages, but it's not great when there is such a gulf between the #1 and #2, and you feel it may cost them here.

Hoping for a draw.

Edited by Paullow

Didn’t realise Alexis Mac Allister was actually a Spanish speaker and really Argentinian. I assumed he was born and raised in Britain for some reason. 

Nice pre-match interview with him on ITV now. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Didn’t realise Alexis Mac Allister was actually a Spanish speaker and really Argentinian. I assumed he was born and raised in Britain for some reason. 

Nice pre-match interview with him on ITV now. 

Right? I thought he just he preferred the Argies before I did some Googling. 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

I disagree. He has genuine ability. Real class.  Top 4 class. It’s just, can he put it together consistently? He’s a bit languid and passive. And needs team mates on a certain wave length that was never going to happen under Ralph. 

Saying that.  I always preferred Saka. Even when Sancho was regarded as the bigger talent. I loved Saka’s application and mindset.  Always getting on the ball, attacking his man time and again. 

Fair enough, he does have ability not disputing that, but he often makes bad decisions, could be a number of factors, but you can compare him to someone like Mitoma and the difference in effectiveness in game is stark. I hope he can turn it around as he did look very good in the Bundesliga.

If he’s struggling with his weight then it might just be a mental malaise. I think he would benefit from playing elsewhere. Only 22 so he’s got plenty of time 

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Decent chance Eriksen is out for a month or more after that horrific scissor tackle from Carroll yesterday. One he never even got booked for. 

Is that what’s being said on your side? 

He’d be a huge miss if we do get into the final Vs your lot but I’d never wish it on him to miss the final.