Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Really odd that VAR checks that but wouldn’t have if the ball went out for a corner or if Haaland punched the defender etc. Weirdly selective. 

??? about VAR checking the penalty?

Pretty certain VAR would check if Haaland punched someone :lol:

Edited by joeyt

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Still think VAR should be a captain’s call. One a half. Get it wrong - you lose it. Sick of VAR ruining games when nobody is calling for a decision. 

Possibly but they would definitely challenge the first goal conceded I would think. Most of the time anyway. 

Just now, joeyt said:

??? about VAR checking the penalty?

Pretty certain VAR would check if Haaland punched someone :lol:

No, checking for offside. Offside isn’t checked in all situations, like a foul by the attacker or anything else that should have been prevented. 

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Possibly but they would definitely challenge the first goal conceded I would think. Most of the time anyway. 

Good. Then imagine losing your call and then not being able to go to VAR again that half? Brings in a tactical element as well.

4 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Football is ran by some of the most stupid people on the planet. Why do the let the players crowd the referee moaning and bitching? Introduce the Rugby rule tomorrow, only the Captain can talk to him. Done.

I used to love the March back 10 yards rule for dissent. No idea why they got rid of that.